No announcement yet.

2021 Hurricane Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yesterday evenings news (Channel2) was showing a Louisiana landfall. I flipped the channel to 13 and they were saying a Houston landfall. Crazy how those 2 stations are reporting the weather, at the same time BUT completely 2 different areas for landfall.

I have learned over the years to trust the "Weather Folks" on TBH over the news media.

Comment

Originally posted by Deathrow Jethro View Post
      Yesterday evenings news (Channel2) was showing a Louisiana landfall. I flipped the channel to 13 and they were saying a Houston landfall. Crazy how those 2 stations are reporting the weather, at the same time BUT completely 2 different areas for landfall.

I have learned over the years to trust the "Weather Folks" on TBH over the news media.

I follow a guy on Facebook named Eric Berger and space city weather. He’s about the most honest I’ve found.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by b.latiolais View Post
        Bostwick seems to nail it consistently. He's the only one to even pay attention to in our area.
        Yep. No drama, and has been doing it a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
          My parents have hung their hats on his predictions for many many years.

Ol Greg gets way more right than he does wrong.
          Originally posted by b.latiolais View Post
          Bostwick seems to nail it consistently. He's the only one to even pay attention to in our area.
          He's pretty good. He took the Laura storm on the chin and got a lot of flack on that one and took it personally. He was attacked pretty good in the social media outlets but spent a lot of time investigating after the fact and came back and explained exactly what happened in regards to the winds being so high in Bridge City and Orange, an area West of the center that should not have seen those level winds. It all made sense and was not in anyone's forecast, just a freak deal that lined up perfectly.

He's been at it 40 years and has a few storms under his belt, most of them being big.

Comment

1/2 are saying Houston and 1/2 are saying New Orleans.

We will seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee............................. .

Comment

tagged

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                Pretty much this thread in a nutshell. Less all the rediculous hyping..

Comment

Always a big rain event for southeast texas dove opener.

Comment

this first cone from the NHC does not look good for NOLA. no interaction with the yucatan and very little with Cuba, followed by a couple days in very warm open water...

Comment

Latest Tidbits:
                      Tropical weather and Atlantic hurricane information, analysis, and forecasts by Levi Cowan.

We have a depression.

Comment

Originally posted by ACbob View Post
                        Latest Tidbits:
                        Tropical weather and Atlantic hurricane information, analysis, and forecasts by Levi Cowan.

We have a depression.
                        a few TBH'ers and Dr. Levi are the only ones to watch. Everything else is just fluff. I like space city too.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                          I'm thinking Louisiana with this one. Man, they have been an absolute hurricane magnet lately. Things can change quickly of course.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                          Johnny has spoke. I will start putting away the hurricane supplies.

Comment

1PM update from the NHC...little change with a hurricane into NOLA

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                              Just got looking at all the latest models runs. Besides the UKMET (middle Texas coast), most models are bringing a powerful hurricane ashore along the upper Texas coast/western Louisiana. Just passing on the message.
                              We had two last year. I'm ready for a few drought years that keep the storms away..

Comment

Originally posted by mr. buck View Post
                                1PM update from the NHC...little change with a hurricane into NOLA
                                https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/gra...?cone#contents
                                That's not NOLA, that's lafayette

Comment

Working...
                                X