X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My mom's suburbans have always floated on a cloud w bilsteins

They are the best bang for the buck imo

Comment

I literally just replaced factory rear shocks with Rancho's on my F150 and it made a huge difference. Mine were definitely worn out though. I could not find the Bilstein's I wanted so I settled for Rancho's. Not mad about it.

Comment

I buy Bilsteins adjustable. Been happy with them on last 2 trucks.

Wanted to put them on wife's suburban, but the GM won't accept them.

Comment

I just replaced my stock shocks on my 2012 with Rancho 9000's. Really liking them so far.

Comment

I just replaced the entire front end on my 2013 Ford f150 due to running Bilstein 5100s with a 2" lift for 2 years. Everything was wore out control arms, shocks, ball joints, tie rod ends, sway bar links.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
              I just replaced the entire front end on my 2013 Ford f150 due to running Bilstein 5100s with a 2" lift for 2 years. Everything was wore out control arms, shocks, ball joints, tie rod ends, sway bar links.
              Are you attributing the front end wear to the shock absorbers or the lift? Or both?

Comment

Who did the work? That's what I've done on my last 2 F150's. One sold at 135k miles and the other at 145k. Both were great when sold each had over 80k miles on the front end raise and shocks.

I am only questioning the method.

Comment

Stick with the Ranchos

Comment

I agree with sticking with Ranchos. I've only had to replace my rear shocks after 123,000 miles on my 2014 GMC Sierra. It's easy to tell when they need to be replaced by pushing down on either the front end, for front shocks, or on the bumper, for the back shocks. I found my left rear shock wasn't responding as quickly but I was able to change them in about 20 minutes and it's as good as new. The fronts are a different story and will be a pain in the butt to replace when they go bad.

Comment

I reckon the shocks had nothing to do with that...if you had spacers then yeah that won't do anything for front end components.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

These are well worth the money, took 4 worn out Fox 2.0s off of it with 3 of them leaking oil.

Comment

my z71 2500 with rancho is in the same boat 89k miles. My tundra with blistein 5100 is gtg 274k miles. i think the difference is the 2500 has a replacement front bumper and the tundra doesnt. extra weight will wear on everything.

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                            Are you attributing the front end wear to the shock absorbers or the lift? Or both?
                            I think the increased 2" causes the problems. Steering angles and control arm angles changed. Put alot of undue wear on the front end quick. Shocks were completely worn out though.

Originally posted by tigerscowboy View Post
                            Who did the work? That's what I've done on my last 2 F150's. One sold at 135k miles and the other at 145k. Both were great when sold each had over 80k miles on the front end raise and shocks.

I am only questioning the method.
                            A shop here locally then had the dealership do the alignment.

Originally posted by hoythunter02 View Post
                            I reckon the shocks had nothing to do with that...if you had spacers then yeah that won't do anything for front end components.

No spacers just struts that increase the front ride height 2" or so.

Originally posted by Nelson View Post
                            my z71 2500 with rancho is in the same boat 89k miles. My tundra with blistein 5100 is gtg 274k miles. i think the difference is the 2500 has a replacement front bumper and the tundra doesnt. extra weight will wear on everything.
                            I just have a grill guard on the front. I'm sure it still increases wear.

Comment

replacement

how often do you need to replace shocks on an f250. I dont haul much. 110K, never been replaced

Comment

Whatever you do, don't buy Fox 2.0. I have 2 leaking oil right now..

Comment

Working...
                                X