No announcement yet.

Fly control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Horn Fly lays eggs in the cow manure. I try to regularly pick up the manure for composting (yeah, it is a LOT or work); it seems to cut down the fly numbers as those numbers go up when I slack off for a week or so.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterB View Post
      Doesn’t Golden Malrin work on flies.?

This ^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by MisterB View Post
        Doesn’t Golden Malrin work on flies.?
        That’s what it is for.

Comment

Anyone have any luck with the fly ear tags?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

quickstrike for camp or just general area. just spread it on the ground all around and you will be fly free in a few hours.
            Pen cattle we always treat the ground around the pens. and some sort of feed block like the one west showed.
            Pasture cattle we just left alone. Got to be to much money for treatment and figured if they could eat cactus with the thorns on it they would be ok with flys.

Comment

We use Fly Rubs and Syrup Tubs with Fly control as well as Spraying them.

Comment

My feed store did not have blocks, so I got a syrup tub with fly control. I will spray them this weekend if it doesn't rain, but they are bad this year.

Comment

Either buy mineral with IGR already in it (I like Moormans, or PVM), or buy a bag of IGR to add to your loose minerals. A good feed store, or ranch outlet that mixes feed should have it.

Passes through the cow to the manure. Sterilizes them so than cant reproduce. It won't get them all, but will help keep them regulated.

Comment

What kind of sprays are yall using

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Use fly tags and Cleanup 2 pour on when you put the fly tags in. That’s what I use in my feedyard

Comment

Working...
                      X