X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad to hear about the black buck

My first thought was a oil field liner.
    Or Flex Seal.

In for the experts advice . We chopped a lot of ice and wonder about our old trough

BP

Comment

Originally posted by bgleaton View Post

Our larger round concrete water trough developed some cracks in it from the winter storm last week. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix these cracks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      hydraulic water stop

SPEED PLUG

Comment

SPEED PLUG is a rapid-setting hydraulic cement compound used to instantly stop running water or seepage in masonry or concrete. SPEED PLUG is ready to use and requires only the addition of water before plugging and sealing active leaks. SPEED PLUG is available in a standard 1-3 minute set time formula, as well as a faster setting 45 second version and a slower setting 3-5 minute formulation.

Comment

3/11/21 Update

Headed to the ranch tomorrow to make sure all protein feeders and water troughs are full and do some coyote hunting. Going to try to plug the cracks in one of our concrete water troughs with some hydraulic cement, so we'll see how that goes. I purchased another 2-acres worth of Turner Seed's Pollinator Mix and BeeWild Bundleflower. I'm hoping to broadcast it in some of the bare areas and then possibly disk or cultipack some in very lightly to see what does better. It's been a very dry February/March this year so hopefully we will get something this weekend. I hope to post some pictures after the weekend.

Comment

Thanks for the link. We bought this stuff and will be using it this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by bgleaton View Post
              Thanks for the link. We bought this stuff and will be using it this weekend.
              No problem! It’s sets up quick so be ready to stick it ASAP!

Comment

Gleaton Chip Ranch Updates

The kids found a bunch of sheds yesterday, 22 in total. We received 0.4in of rain so that was great timing after I broadcasted 1.5 acres worth of the pollinator mix. We put out the remaining cottonseed we had left so we’ve fed all 2.5 tons since the end of December.

Comment

Gleaton Chip Ranch Updates

We used SpecPlug hydraulic cement to fill the cracks and it worked great, no more leaks. The picture above was taken before we refilled it. We had to drain it and fill the cracks on the inside and the outside.

Last edited by bgleaton; 03-15-2021, 01:37 PM.

Comment

The two Mexican Plum trees are both doing well and growing buds/leaves. All the oaks seem to be doing fine but a little too early to see them growing. All the live oak trees still have their leaves, so I assume that’s a good sign!

Comment

We reset all the snares and found two new holes we set up on. Hopefully we’ll catch a couple in a week or two!

Comment

Pictures - 3/21/21

Any ideas on what could have caused this big scar:
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	8pt with Scar (1) (Large).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	292.7 KB
ID:	24646329

Name:	8pt with Scar (2) (Large).jpg
Size:	144.4 KB
ID:	24646330

Name:	02130136 (Large).jpg
Size:	178.4 KB
ID:	24646331

We figured it was from fighting but it seems that he didn't get this until late January.

Comment

Blackbuck Picture

[ATTACH]1044318[/ATTACH]

Comment

3/23/2021

Name:	House Feeder (Large).jpg
Size:	134.1 KB
ID:	24646414

It looks like we got 1/4in of rain yesterday with some dime size hail. We've only received 1in+ of rainfall once since September 2020 and that was in late December. We continue to get 1/4-in to 1/2-in which doesn't provide any runoff so our ponds are hurting. These 1/4-in rainfalls don't allow any moisture to get through the cedars and into the soil underneath. I'll take what we can get but we need a get 1.5 to 2in dumping soon to get some good runoff.

Comment

I'd guess fence...

Comment

FarmLogs is showing we got 3.7in last night which would be outstanding if this is true!

Comment

Working...
                                X