Bad shot on a doe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad shot on a doe

She ducked and turned right as I released the arrow. I know I hit guts, the arrow has blood on the first half and bile on the back half. Barely and blood trail, just some spots here and there. Gonna give her some more time and start searching.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I think most of us have found ourselves in this situation. Good luck on recovery.

Comment

Patience good luck on the recovery

Comment

You entered liver and came out opposite shoulder. That deer should be dead and I bet blood will open up after 30-40 yards of the trail. If the shoulder hole is getting covered with muscle and the entrance is plugged, blood may be sparse, but I don’t see anything wrong with that shot as long as the angles I am seeing are what actually happened.

Comment

a little back but I agree you should be good

Comment

You got some lung...IMO. Giv’er time to die. Let the broadhead do its job. Retrospect: Dont step out of the blind for 2 hrs and go away for 3-4 more hours before trailing on “bad shots”...my new standard SOP.

I hope to see the LDPs.

Good luck Ag.

Comment

If you are sitting on the ground and got a complete pass through I bet she's dead close by. What broad head are you shooting? This shot is where a big mechanical will help you out.

Comment

Shooting a slick trick magnum. Tracked blood for a while, found shots where she opened up and was a strand up walk hours track. Others it was a hand and knees looking for little drops. Pay spot I found was 2 decent sized blood splatters looks like dripping from both sides then it went dry. She's walking towards water. My head lamp died so marked that spot with gps and getting a different light now.

Comment

That deer is dead. Good luck getting her found!

Comment

Last blood spot

Comment

I’d wait :45 minutes. Grab some batteries and a cold drink. Be patient

Comment

I think she’s dead. Times like that is when mechanicals are nice insurance. Good luck on the track!

Comment

That deer is dead. Sucks it is dark but she can't be far. Work grids.

Comment

Time is your friend and the weather is cool to cold at night. You will find her. Good luck.

Comment

Usually 2 hrs on a single lung/ liver but she is dead for sure

Comment

Working...
                              X