Quick Rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
    10 yrs ago I would be all on board with you. Now, as my daughter is quickly approaching "adulthood" I can see the positive side of adult only. No worrying about what joke to tell. No worrying about 5 yr old Timmy crying and throwing a fit. No worrying about Timmy's mom dictating what goes on around the fire and who is washing their hands before eating. Just sounds peaceful and like heaven. Teaching your kids and experiences have their place and time. Just not at some leases. If I have grand kids in the future I am sure this will change. Until then, keep your crumb crunchers at a crumb cruncher friendly lease.
    That is all on the spineless fathers in my opinion my kids are kids, they know that at the dinner table you come with your hands washed and clean. But in the woods or at the lake/beach, you just have to look at it as building your immune system up 😂

Comment

Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
      That is all on the spineless fathers in my opinion my kids are kids, they know that at the dinner table you come with your hands washed and clean. But in the woods or at the lake/beach, you just have to look at it as building your immune system up 😂
      Amen!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BiggieSmalls View Post
        One thing that we did implement on our place is that there is a 5 week span where it is just lease members, usually during the rut. We are MLD3 so there is plenty of time for kids and guest to take culls, management and does.
        I definitely understand this being a term of the lease agreement. I'm not going to bring them every time I go out, but to be unable to bring them at all is a deal breaker for me.

Comment

The wife and I went to a resort in Jamaica a while back. The only requirement I had when she booked it was to book one with no kids.

I would imagine some folks use the deer lease as a get-away as much as anything and don't really want to put up with someone's kid. All my leases have been kid friendly but I can see why some aren't.

Comment

When I joined one of my current leases there were no wives/gf allowed except during Thanksgiving week. That is slowly changing as some of the older guys are leaving. I do not care either way. I have no problems with kids coming up but when there are more kids at camp than lease members it does get annoying so I see both sides. One place I am on allows kids the other does not.

Comment

Untill you find that place hit the core land hard. Will teach your kid a lot about hunting that might be taken for granted if they only leased hunt. Just a thought

Comment

Landowners/leases are like women, they all come with their own quirks . Find one you can live with and move on. I've been on both ends of the spectrum so I do know the true value of having a cooperative landowner. They are few and far between but they are out there.

Comment

They own it their rules. Just like your house your rules. I shouldn't ***** about rules at your house that i dont like. Not my buisness....

Comment

Some deer leases are no place for woman and children could be one of those places. Better to find out early than opening weekend!

Comment

Not everyone has same idea about a lease that you do. It is ok. Just move on to one that does, no need to bash their idea of a good lease. Remember they pay money for a lease that they like, which may mean no children, or women. Hang in there, ill bet you'll find one that will fit what your looking for. Good luck and hope you find it sooner rather than later.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                        Yeah but don't they rob yall[emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
                        Only time I was robbed was when I bought a bunch of Tecate's for this local lady that ended up not loving me the way I loved her.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                          I certainly understand their rules and why they might have them, but I'd never lease a place like that personally.

I like to kill a nice deer every now and then but the older I get, the more I enjoy watching the younger kids do it and try to give a few a new opportunity each year.
                          I agree Smart. It is way more fun watching the kids do the shooting. My niece and nephew both shot their first bucks this year. My daughter shot (2) bucks too. I'm only pulling the trigger if the buck is something special from now on.

Comment

Working...
                          X