No announcement yet.

Quick Rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel your pain. As a father of 5 I needed a place to to take my kids. 30 years ago it was a simple handshake deal with the landowner, then came along lease agreements, then harvest restrictions, guest privilege's, etc... It a business and we must all play by the LO rules. It is very hard to find a good lease that welcomes children and a fair price these days.

I have heard from more than one LO the no kid thing was a liability issue.

Comment

Sounds like a CYA approach by the landowner. If it doesn't work for you then move on and don't sweat it.

Comment

I have always seen the whole experience as more of a Family thing. Grandpa teaching teaching me to shoot, Dad teaching me to trap hogs. Cousins and us getting into competitions with each other. Never been anything but a Family thing for us.

I understand some want to be alone and escape type experience. Hope you find some good people to join up with! Good luck!

Comment

One thing that we did implement on our place is that there is a 5 week span where it is just lease members, usually during the rut. We are MLD3 so there is plenty of time for kids and guest to take culls, management and does.

Comment

I am with you, its about family and time in the outdoors. Clearly you haven't found the right place for you yet. One will come along, its funny how things happen. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
              kids wouldn't do well around us........might learn alot of new words and hear lots of stories they shouldn't repeat, of course they could fetch beers and make mixed drinks

Been there, done that. Builds character. [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Can't sue us down here come on!

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Comment

I agree, I wouldn’t take part in a place where children aren’t welcome. I understand men cut up, and I’m no different. But I grew up around it and adults had a decency to halfway watch what they say, and let us kill deer

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                    Can't sue us down here come on!

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
                    Yeah but don't they rob yall[emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                      Yeah but don't they rob yall[emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
                      Only kidnap, but we're usually returned within 24 hours pretty sauced up

Comment

Couldn’t do a “no-kid” lease. A no wife/girlfriend lease sounds awesome though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Can I get their numbers?

Comment

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
                            kids wouldn't do well around us........might learn alot of new words and hear lots of stories they shouldn't repeat, of course they could fetch beers and make mixed drinks

Where else are they supposed to learn to cuss and spit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow, these places exist?

Who do they send to get them another beer while they are lounging around the fire?

Comment

I wouldn’t be on any place that don’t allow my boy.

Comment

Working...
                                X