Toyota Tundra or Nissan Titan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tundra

I guess you got your answer..................

Comment

Tundra. Toyota’s are the best trucks I have ever owned

Comment

I've owned both. An '08 regular cab tundra with the 4.7, 4x4, and now a '17 Titan 1/2 ton crew cab 4x4.

I loved the Tundra. 200K on the clock in 5 years. Only ever had 1 issue, and Toyota took care of it at no cost, even though it was out of warranty(something in the smog control, not recalled, but acknowledged as a design flaw). Bought a regular cab because I was single, in my mid 20's, freshly divorced, and had no prospects for kids anytime soon. Only sold it when I did end up settling down and kids were expected.

My '17 Titan has also been great. I bought it in Nov of '19, used, with 40K on the clock. Have put another 20k on it over the last year and a half. I bought it because at the time I couldn't buy a like for like anything else(half ton, 4x4, crew cab), for even $15k more. The 100k mile factory warranty helps, since I dont drive near the miles I used to, I dont expect to exhaust it. MPG is, well.... pretty bad. 2" leveling kit and 33" tires dont help, and neither does the fact that its a blast to drive. When I put my foot down it GOES. I avg about 14 mpg with mixed driving.

Honestly, buy which you like more. For me, I liked the Tundra more, but just couldnt swallow the extra $15-20k pricetag for a later model low-miles equivalent. This was essentially a second/hunting vehicle for us, since I work from home full time.

Comment

If resale is your goal - it's a no brainer. Toyota in a landslide.

Nissan is a good truck for a lot less price though.

I have driven 8 or so Toyota trucks (Tacoma/Tundra) and 3 or so Titans. I would definitely choose a Toyota.

Comment

Tundra

Comment

Originally posted by K. Lane View Post
              No help for ya really.... I did it got the cost of the part and a 12 pack to my buddy for the use of his lift. It’s a really easy job, if you have a hydraulic lift
              Good to know, I've got a good mechanic that's a friend of my wife. He's kept my '02 TRD in tip top shape, on a few jobs, that where a little more then I wanted to mess with. Water pump, timing belt, fuel pump.

Comment

Love my tundra. My dad always had Toyota’s growing up. Can’t beat them in my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by atcfisherman View Post
                  both! Quality is top and nissan has a better warranty. The new nissan gas is very powerful.

Nissan 5.6l
                  400 hp & 413 torque

toyota
                  381 hp & 401 torque

ford 3.5 eb v6
                  375 hp & 470 torque
                  fify

Comment

I have a 06 limited edition, 206,000 original owner. Other than replace batteries, tires and brakes. Oil changes every 3,000. This runs like a striped ape.2024 i plan on a new one. The

Comment

Toyota has had the same generation truck since 2014 - with just some cosmetic changes. Are they coming out with a new generation anytime soon ? (sorry if I missed it above)

Always have liked the Tundra - except the crappy gas mileage.

Comment

Can’t believe this is even a question. Tundra! 3 Toyota’s parked in my driveway.

Comment

There will be a compete redesign tundra for 2022.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by wellingtontx View Post
                            Toyota has had the same generation truck since 2014 - with just some cosmetic changes. Are they coming out with a new generation anytime soon ? (sorry if I missed it above)

Always have liked the Tundra - except the crappy gas mileage.
                            Next yr.
                            How it will look, no clue, may not change much at all imo.
                            It looks like it will have a twin turbo v-6 though.
                            Hopefully the Pro gets redesigned as well, as that is what I will probably go to.
                            Raptor killer

Comment

Tundra

I'm in my 2nd Tundra after a few years of driving Ford King Ranch. I was spoiled on the King Ranch interior but found Toyota's 1794 Edition which competes with the King Ranch interior wise. MPG is not great but I've never worried about MPG with any 4x4. The 5.7 engine and tranny is powerful and so far NO problems at 105K miles. Here is the interior pic, love it!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Purchased a new 2007 Tundra SR5 double cab 4x4 and just had to replace the starter. Excellent truck so I just purchased a new 2021 Tundra SR5 double cab TSS 4x4 to replace it (same truck). My middle son got my 07 and he loves it. Highly recommend them. I used mine to tow my RV to Colorado and other places. Other than the relatively low mpg it pulls and drives like a champ. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                                X