Wyoming fur

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wyoming fur

Some catches and takes from Wyoming. We trap and coyote hunt and sell our hides. Market is down this year due to covid but looking up at least for the April auction in Canada.
    Latest cats need to be fleshed and then stretched and dried for sale.
    Attached Files

Nice, I miss trapping with my granddad back in the day.

Comment

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Last tom was a big one. If he doesn't bring a good offer, off to the tannery he goes for later sale. I'll measure his fur depth after he dries, he is very furred up!
          Attached Files

Comment

Awesome

Comment

Nice fur! I am not trapping but over the holidays up here it was so windy I did not even go calling.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by WyoBull View Post
                Nice fur! I am not trapping but over the holidays up here it was so windy I did not even go calling.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                We trap the ranch we manage in Sybille Canyon, yesterday was nuts for wind.
                I hear ya', hard to call when it's blowing ninety to nothing.
                Good luck up your way !
                We set every weekend and pull or spring them during the week. We get Fridays through Sundays for sets.
                Everything is very furry right now but coyotes are not worth as much with their flanks rubbed from the snow. Still after 'em though and we found a mt lion kill. That may affect our trapping sets.

Comment

Wow, awesome haul!

Comment

Boarded up the big tom last night to dry. Without effort he stretched to 46 inches. Not sure how his belly will grade but if not worth much we'll keep him and get tanned to sell.
                    We have about another month to trap, mostly cats now but coyotes for predator control instead of for sale.

Comment

So very cool, can I ask what sort of prices a typical Bobcat will bring?

Comment

Cool

Comment

Good stuff. Congrats. Yotes are the hardest critters to trap.
                          Nice prime fur there.

Comment

Some nice fur. Just curious what does a yote and bobcat bring at the auction?

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
                              Boarded up the big tom last night to dry. Without effort he stretched to 46 inches. Not sure how his belly will grade but if not worth much we'll keep him and get tanned to sell.
                              We have about another month to trap, mostly cats now but coyotes for predator control instead of for sale.
                              How are you measuring him when you say stretched?

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X