tropical outlook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chew View Post
    DAMMIT. Been thinking about yall all morning. I'm stuck at Lockwood and Mary is stuck on Tidwell. I really can't wait to move away from this #$$%^&**&^^%$ county.
    Stuck on Tidwell!!! I hope she's packing!

Comment

So sad to hear of these situations! Prayers up for all affected. My heart especially goes out to all of the first responders that find there own property flooded. You are sorely respected and appreciated!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
        Look what’s coming down the pipe, ain’t no fall fronts to drag these off to the east
        From what I read that thing is mercifully forecasted to turn N/NE.

Comment

DAMMIT. Been thinking about yall all morning. I'm stuck at Lockwood and Mary is stuck on Tidwell. I really can't wait to move away from this #$$%^&**&^^%$ county.
          It so sad to see everyone suffer from flooding because of poor planning and over development

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
            It so sad to see everyone suffer from flooding because of poor planning and over development
            That's true to an extent, however, dump 5-10 inches of rain just about anywhere within a couple hours and you will have some problems. Some areas received 20 plus inches of rain overnight.

A lot of problems in Houston today were street flooding. This thing hit hard just before lunch with little to no warning. Literally multiple inches of rain fell within a matter of an hour. A lot of forecast this morning were stating this system was moving off to the Northeast. It drifted back south and obviously created some havoc.

Prayers for all that have been adversely affected.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainDave View Post
              That's true to an extent, however, dump 5-10 inches of rain just about anywhere within a couple hours and you will have some problems. Some areas received 20 plus inches of rain overnight.

A lot of problems in Houston today were street flooding. This thing hit hard just before lunch with little to no warning. Literally multiple inches of rain fell within a matter of an hour. A lot of forecast this morning were stating this system was moving off to the Northeast. It drifted back south and obviously created some havoc.

Prayers for all that have been adversely affected.
              Yep. An Act of God that we have no control over. There’s always finger pointing but that’s why it’s called a natural disaster.

Hate to see what’s going on just a few miles from my house. Praying tonight for safety of all.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                From what I read that thing is mercifully forecasted to turn N/NE.

Which one? From that pic I see three issues heading our way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Im right behind you, let me know when you need me to be in your command staff in Leon LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Kurdawg View Post
                    Nederland is flooded again. We had to leave the house at 4:30 this morning water ankle deep. Barely got wife’s truck started water in exhaust. I went to check it out earlier in my truck couldn’t get near the house water up to the doors. Looks worse than Harvey did. My house was built in the 50’s and never flooded until 2 years ago and today. We had just finished remodeling everything only to have to do it again.

Kurtice I hate to hear that! We are in PN but got lucky. If I can help let me know. I’ve got a couple recip saws and will help in any way I can.

Comment

Just got on here ,any body needing a hand just call me and I will be to help. 2816154023

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Like others who have posted, my parents flooded in May and again today. Having flooded in Harvey I can’t even imagine going through it again. Between helping my parents and my own house, I am becoming a professional at flooded houses.

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
                          Which one? From that pic I see three issues heading our way

I think it was something I read on Eric Berger’s FB page (other than Johnny and CCBLUEWATER thats the only people I trust for weather forecasting).

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                            I think it was something I read on Eric Berger’s FB page (other than Johnny and CCBLUEWATER thats the only people I trust for weather forecasting).
                            X2

Comment

Less than 24 hour rain total. No drainage system could ever keep up with that. Absolutely insane.

Comment

Insanity! Prayers for everyone involved. I’m in Port Neches,
                                and if any of you guys need Help with ANYTHING call me. I mean it. Ready to demo, feed you cloth you, whatever. Call me
                                40nine 7eight2 269one

Comment

Working...
                                X