No announcement yet.

If you are a country music fan, set your DVR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bill Monroe drives a mandolin like Ricky Bobby drives cars.

Comment

Great shows and history lessons.

Comment

two thumbs up!

Comment

"you know why baptists won't have sex standing up? afraid someone would think they were dancin'!"

just one gold nugget so far!

Comment

It's been very educational. Tonight was Patsy Cline, Loretta Lynn, Eddy Arnold and others.

If others miss this series or just want to have it for future use, it is available for purchase in several medias.

Comment

I watched the first episode. Who the heck knew the banjo was from Africa? I always assumed it was from white hillbilly's in the Tennessee Mountains. I've never even seen a black man playing a banjo. Cool history lesson.

Comment

Watched again last night, learning a lot that I did not know (not that I knew all that much about the history)

Comment

There was some good stuff on there last night!!!

"Hello Wall", hello chair, hello doorknob.

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

Comment

The series is on amazon prime as well. I missed the 1st episode 3&4 have been great story's! Loving all the old photo and videos.

Comment

Loving it!

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WXYjm74WFI"]I'M SO LONESOME I COULD CRY (1949) by Hank Williams - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

The Hank Williams stuff was great. Sad, but great.

Comment

Burns said it took 8+ years to research and film this series.

Comment

So far I count three musicians they interviewed that have since died - Jimmy Dickens, Ralph Stanley and Merle. I heard Ken Burns say they purposefully interviewed the oldest ones first, and they had a sit-down scheduled with George Jones but he died a few days before.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                                So far I count three musicians they interviewed that have since died - Jimmy Dickens, Ralph Stanley and Merle. I heard Ken Burns say they purposefully interviewed the oldest ones first, and they had a sit-down scheduled with George Jones but he died a few days before.

That would have been an awesome interview

Comment

Working...
                                X