No announcement yet.

What are your thoughts on this article?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the OK truck owner is showing a bizarre display of passive aggressive of their personal dogma...it doesn't help or hurt whatever cause / angle they want to support??

Personally, I think it's useless...just causing havoc of the same chatter none of us will change our views of so meh. Stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Barrett View Post
      Fact and Faith are polar. You may believe that Your Faith is fact but that does not make it a fact to others. That is why it is a belief system.
      Prove that his faith is merely a belief and only then is that a fact...currently both ends of the argument (yours and his) are merely beliefs by your reasoning.

To prove that his belief in a god is false you must prove the nonexistence of god...good luck.

Comment

First of all I DID NOT CONDEMN anyone to any place. The Holy Bible I read and study which I BELIEVE is the Word of God Almighty. God is the one who condemns, NOT ME! I have no right and quite the opposite, it is my burden to do my best to prevent such a condemnation. God's word does not go out and come back to Him unfulfilled and empty. All I did was put God's Word out for those interested could see it.

And yes, it is a "belief" system... I have a reasonable level of intelligence and I have studied science, other religions, history and such, and I have come to the conclusion that we indeed originated by a Creator God and not from some slime that somehow evolved into a living man with a soul...
        I don't intend to argue with you guys or anyone over it. For **** sure you won't change my mind, and Passifist, you are the one who hurled the insults. Not me. I responded to this thread because the OP asked for input. I gave mine. I didn't give mine by condemning anyone, you or anyone else. I can honestly say that I have a love for you as a creation of God, but I despise your sinfulness... There's not a thing I can do about that other than when asked, deliver the Word of God that has been presented to me. I can tell you, It is capable of giving you peace in your soul... maybe you are already at peace, but if I were a betting man, I'd bet no way in hell.

Comment

It's everyone's life to live as they see fit, period.
          The only exception being crimes of a moral turpitude.

Nobody cares about any other religion, in the entire world, except their own. There are over 5000.
          They are all 100% right.
          Think about the odds of that

Comment

Let it go brother...the drive by / passive aggressive comments are meant to get a rise. Anytime someone uses Santa or the Easter Bunny to compare faith in the same breath is working an angle to get under your skin.

Really doesn't matter, the dates they write on their checks or comment the date they were born, married or otherwise are all evolved around Christ's birth / death...there is nothing they can escape or call a fairytale about that fact. The birth / death of Christ and what we use for following history of time are encapsulated & fact you will forever have in your quiver.

How do you date history's timeline & what is it based on?? The birth / death of Christ...best fairy tale / selling book of all time & there is nothing anyone can say to diminish this particular fact. So many make fun & call it all a fairytale but yet STILL exchange CHRISTmas presents & celebrate with their family?? Why?? New years fireworks evolves around Him weather they want to acknowledge or not.

The rest is semantics to some degree or another...fact is the world's history and how we date it about His existence cannot be excused, so in THAT FACT, be filled with joy. You win!!

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
            First of all I DID NOT CONDEMN anyone to any place. The Holy Bible I read and study which I BELIEVE is the Word of God Almighty. God is the one who condemns, NOT ME! I have no right and quite the opposite, it is my burden to do my best to prevent such a condemnation. God's word does not go out and come back to Him unfulfilled and empty. All I did was put God's Word out for those interested could see it.

And yes, it is a "belief" system... I have a reasonable level of intelligence and I have studied science, other religions, history and such, and I have come to the conclusion that we indeed originated by a Creator God and not from some slime that somehow evolved into a living man with a soul...
            I don't intend to argue with you guys or anyone over it. For **** sure you won't change my mind, and Passifist, you are the one who hurled the insults. Not me. I responded to this thread because the OP asked for input. I gave mine. I didn't give mine by condemning anyone, you or anyone else. I can honestly say that I have a love for you as a creation of God, but I despise your sinfulness... There's not a thing I can do about that other than when asked, deliver the Word of God that has been presented to me. I can tell you, It is capable of giving you peace in your soul... maybe you are already at peace, but if I were a betting man, I'd bet no way in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
              Let it go brother...the drive by / passive aggressive comments are meant to get a rise. Anytime someone uses Santa or the Easter Bunny to compare faith in the same breath is working an angle to get under your skin.

Really doesn't matter, the dates they write on their checks or comment the date they were born, married or otherwise are all evolved around Christ's birth / death...there is nothing they can escape or call a fairytale about that fact. The birth / death of Christ and what we use for following history of time are encapsulated & fact you will forever have in your quiver.

How do you date history's timeline & what is it based on?? The birth / death of Christ...best fairy tale / selling book of all time & there is nothing anyone can say to diminish this particular fact. So many make fun & call it all a fairytale but yet STILL exchange CHRISTmas presents & celebrate with their family?? Why?? New years fireworks evolves around Him weather they want to acknowledge or not.

The rest is semantics to some degree or another...fact is the world's history and how we date it about His existence cannot be excused, so in THAT FACT, be filled with joy. You win!!
              Amen...

Comment

Once again, the atheists attack and insult the Christians and in response, the Christians pray for the atheist's well-being and salvation.

Funny how that works.

Comment

Paul, good words. It doesn't get under my skin at all... It actually causes a sadness in my heart... and for a host of reasons... none are perfect, not one... The experiences described in their posts are strong evidence of that and of fallen men who demonstrate their lack of a pure heart... If we Christians indeed lived for Christ, there would be a better chance of others "seeing" Christ in what we do and who we are... That is a great sadness to me. But under my skin, not even close... Heck, If I am dead wrong in my belief and they are 100% right, it's no big deal... I will have lived a peaceful and happy life and that will be the end of it... If however I'm even close to right, and they are wrong, it won't end so well for them...

Comment

Originally posted by Passafist View Post
                    So let me get this “straight” you have an invisible friend and he does magic tricks,,, so the rest of the world should live by YOUR standards? Wow how forgiving and Christian of you. And since you are perfect you can decide what is acceptable and what isn’t. This attitude is exactly why I despise religions of all sorts, because I have to live like you say. How about you live your life as a Muslim says I mean really that’s a god too!
                    I honestly thought you were talking about Santa Clause

Comment

Originally posted by 100%TtId View Post
                      Once again, the atheists attack and insult the Christians and in response, the Christians pray for the atheist's well-being and salvation.

Funny how that works.

Comment

I did not try and attack or insult anyone, if I did I apologize. Forgive me. I was pointing out that Christianity is a belief system. But then again that is how I perceive it. Just as Saltwater perceives my heart as "not true", that's fine for him to hurl at me because I know otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                          Not the direction I was thinking was was going to go but ok.

So what do you do if you are born a man and you are attracted to other man and not woman by no fault of your own? You are automatically doomed to the eternal fires of hell from the moment you were born? Sorry but as a Christian I just can't agree with this.
                          Either is a chosen life style, so either is an option of free will, which God gave to all mankind... one is right one is wrong. Morals can not be set by man, God set them. What is moral can not be changed, violated yes, but changed no.

Comment

Originally posted by Passafist View Post
                            So let me get this “straight” you have an invisible friend and he does magic tricks,,, so the rest of the world should live by YOUR standards? Wow how forgiving and Christian of you. And since you are perfect you can decide what is acceptable and what isn’t. This attitude is exactly why I despise religions of all sorts, because I have to live like you say. How about you live your life as a Muslim says I mean really that’s a god too!
                            how would you even know what a Christian is or should be since you are a hater ,,, fyi Christianity is not a religion,,, Religion, all of them were created by man by the design of satan,,, who it appears you have a close relationship with, but are not intelligent enough to even know it. Also would you bother pointing out were he said it was his created standard?

I do not blame you for despising religions because i also despise them,,, because religion is not Gods design, it is satans,,,which is why there are so many, so people who can not stand the actual truth can feel good about them selves by playing church and pretending they accept Christ, but in the end it is worthless and a waist of time,, religions all take a bit of truth but twist it to fit them, and the founders ideas , just like jim jones or david koresh did and many others....

You see religion by design sets itself between God and man,,, and sets standards by which you have to go through a man to reach God,, Christianity, or faith in Christ does not follow that falsehood,,, Christ the son of God came to be a bridge between man and God so that all who believe and accept Jesus as savior , might attain Heaven and be with God, no religion can do that, no religion will ever get a man to Heaven,, only Christ has that ability....

No, Christians are not perfect,, never will be until we are in Heaven. We are just forgiven and trying to do right by Gods standard not yours,,, wait isn't that the very thing you just accused the other poster of doing? Why yes it is, he does not meet your standard of lifestyle! Your offended because you know your wrong but do not want to accept it, so instead you lash out because you do know the truth !!

Since you are still alive you have the opportunity as everyone else does, to seek forgiveness... but you have to accept and believe in Someone and something you can not see or touch,,, for now,,,
                            Last edited by xman59; 06-12-2019, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                              Heck, If I am dead wrong in my belief and they are 100% right, it's no big deal... I will have lived a peaceful and happy life and that will be the end of it... If however I'm even close to right, and they are wrong, it won't end so well for them...
                              Actually...

Now, I'm not really interested in the religious arguments here, but since you're making a logical argument, I figured I'd chime in.

You're making the same argument as Pascal (referred to as Pascal's wager). The problem is it ignores the fact that there are 4200 religions in the world, and assuming there is one true religion and all have an equal chance of being it, your statistical chance of avoiding the wrong hell is very low (.023%), which is statistically insignificant from not picking a religion (0%). So it could still be a big deal if you're wrong, statistically speaking that is.

Comment

Originally posted by sir shovelhands View Post
                                Actually...

Now, I'm not really interested in the religious arguments here, but since you're making a logical argument, I figured I'd chime in.

You're making the same argument as Pascal (referred to as Pascal's wager). The problem is it ignores the fact that there are 4200 religions in the world, and assuming there is one true religion and all have an equal chance of being it, your statistical chance of avoiding the wrong hell is very low (.023%), which is statistically insignificant from not picking a religion (0%). So it could still be a big deal if you're wrong, statistically speaking that is.
                                LOL

Have you studied some of these "religions"? I understand you non-believers like to think it's just opinions and that all religions are crazy, non-logical etc.. But most are very different. Some are plain stupid.

Comment

Working...
                                X