• Show
Clear All

Great buck

Comment

Looks good what form are pose is that ?

Comment

Good looking buck

Comment

Hi, um yes, is this the bobcat cat mount thread? Or am I lost?

Comment

Looks good in about 3 weeks I’ll post a pic of the other 151” that was taken off the same property!

Comment

It’s this pose but I asked that they chop off the extra leg in it cause it looked freaky. Like I should name him Lt Dan. It took an extra 2 months just to get the form in because it was back ordered. And it’s not a south Texas deer so they trimmed the neck a little I think. Courtney from Double Nickle is doing him and her work is second to none so I can’t wait to see the finished product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

He will look good when finished! Who is doing the work?

Comment

Originally posted by ccbluewater View Post
                  He will look good when finished! Who is doing the work?

Double Nickle taxidermy

Comment

I like that open mouth pose. Wrinkles in his neck look good too. Nice buck.

Comment

Originally posted by spotsanddots View Post
                      I like that open mouth pose. Wrinkles in his neck look good too. Nice buck.

Thank you! Yeah I never wanted the open mouth until I started “collecting” deer on the wall. Now when I mount something It has to be special and I search throughout the year for unique poses, usually with some sort of foliage so that the taxidermy actually looks like art. I get all kinds of complements on my mounts because I put so much thought into them. This particular buck was eating corn when he was taken. I was thinking about family when he walked out so the mount itself, when finished is going to reflect that moment. He is older, so his withers show a little and I asked for that specifically along with some crushed up corn in his mouth.

Comment

Gonna be a good looking mount! Congrats on a nice buck also!

Comment

Here’s mine same property same taxi same score
                          Attached Files

Comment

nice deer!

Comment

Here are some more pictures they sent us. I’m so humbled thinking about what a once in a lifetime set of bucks these guys are. We are truly blessed IMHO there are so many folks that’ll never even break the 150” mark. Especially just a little hill country buck. I’m so thankful and still excited for the final result.

Comment

One more. And yes, Blayn’s buck had a VERY unique nose and Double Nickle has definitely caught that and made his buck look exactly like he did the day he was taken.

Comment

Working...
                                X