Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2018-2019 Lake Whitney , Lake Aquilla hunting thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I saw those pigs and a couple doe. Missed a few dove and shot two. Gonna sit about 30 more min then head out

Comment

Me and my son will be at Whitney this afternoon if anyone needs help keeping them in the air. That's a big assumption that there will be enough birds flying to do so! Probably H2 where the 2 big open fields are. Was by there last week and quite a bit of sunflowers and open enough to find what you shoot.

Comment

Nothing but a few singles. No groups or even doubles. Birds were not flying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by erikm1981 View Post
          Nothing but a few singles. No groups or even doubles. Birds were not flying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Yep in the last 3 weeks ive seen very few birds out there, so they still be up north.

Comment

Originally posted by justindfw View Post
            Hey justin is that near our entrance or up noryh?

Comment

Well we have a contract on our house. It looks like we will be moving to Glen Rose come November. I hope everyone has a good season.

Comment

That's the big creek that runs to the lake with the cement crossover

Comment

Then that was your truck ar the gate and heard you shooting.

Comment

If it was a white nissan titan it was me.

Comment

Yep n those pigs visit my spots. Are they fairly good size?

Comment

Not really. Probably some 80 pounders

Comment

Originally posted by LWArchery View Post
                          Well we have a contract on our house. It looks like we will be moving to Glen Rose come November. I hope everyone has a good season.
                          Hoping it's for the better. And hope you can still hunt the W lake. Fishing the upper end in the spring will be good.

The fish are biting. And there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

I was drawn for the muzzle loader antlerless hunt this year at Lake Whitney. It sounds like there are a lot of hunting opportunities around this area? Do you know how this draw hunt will be different then all the other hunting opportunities around the area? Thanks

Comment

CW, I know "switchback" has been on that hunt a few times now. It's pretty straight forward just like TPW describes on the Web site. Nothing like the rest of the lake. Staff takes you to and from blind, ect.

The fish are biting. And there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!
                              Last edited by Texas Grown; 09-06-2018, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Its hot as can be this morning out here!

Comment

Working...
                                X