Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
    tomato....tomatto
    They really are different...GM has several versions using the 6.2 platform but there is a big difference between getting behind the LT1, LT4 & LT5. Different internals/addys to make 450, 650 & 755hp. I don't know what the differences are in the diesel versions mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by mastercraftka View Post
      What is different other than computer upgrades and the EPA bull squat?
      The L5P has absolutely nothing in common with previous gen Duramaxes besides the name and displacement. Block, rods, heads, injectors, injection pump, turbo. It’s a beast of a motor, but to act like it’s been around for a long time is just not true.

Comment

Originally posted by Notaguide View Post
        Interiors are pretty subjective. Fords definitely are nice but after looking at newer Rams I can't say I would agree.
        Yep. Ram has the nicest interior by a large margin currently. I’d give the motor to the L5P Duramax, but Ford wins the overall truck IMO. Really it’s just subjective.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
          Yep. Ram has the nicest interior by a large margin currently. I’d give the motor to the L5P Duramax, but Ford wins the overall truck IMO. Really it’s just subjective.
          Ford is nice , but the death wobble pulling a trailer between cement barriers on I 10 keeps me in a Chevy

Comment

Originally posted by HELLRAZOR View Post
            28 yrs and i only drive chevy trucks! Never had any issues at all!!
            Brother drive fords and dodges and seen them taken off in a wrecker, my dad and I love giving them ****...
            You never owned a 6.2 diesel then! or like electronics!

I'll never own or consider another GM product.....ever!

Comment

I have a 2016 2500 with a 177,*** it’s been a great truck, I’ve driven it on some rough roads, I’ve pulled plenty of trailers, and it handled them better than my 16 F250 did as far as suspension, it’s not as fast as my 16 F250 was. When it comes tone for my next one it’ll be another Chevy.

And the new 2020s have air vents for the back seat in the full center console and the lift up one as well from what I’ve seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post

Had a 6.2 it was great for a pre turbo days engine in Texas , not so great going to wolf creek pass
                It was in a 3/4 ton suburban

Comment

I had an '03 and loved it. Just about gave it away to a friend and asked if I could buy it back at 2k more and he said no way " I love This Truck"
                  I now have a '16 with just under 100k with only DEF heater going out at around 85k. Out of all the big 3 trucks I don't think any of them have a solid DEF system.
                  I'm getting 17 mpg in the city and can push it to 21 mpg if I baby it on the HWY.

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                    Ford is nice , but the death wobble pulling a trailer between cement barriers on I 10 keeps me in a Chevy
                    I don’t blame you at all for that. It can be a little nerve racking. That said I’ve had quite a few GMs over the years, and still have an 18 Sierra 1500. I’m tired of electrical gremlins. I can fix the DW problem for good with a little bit of money and effort. I can never chase down all the gremlins that plague these dang trucks, although they’re just annoying inconveniences.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhntrmatt View Post
                      I just had the 5 yr anniversary of the purchase of my 2015. Only issue I had was a def tank heater went out. Replaced under warranty. Other than that, it’s been a tank mechanically. Just normal maintenance.

My only complaint that might lead me away from gm next time is no ac vents in the back seat for the kids. Aggravating that a truck that expensive would have it.
                      They fixed the vent issue in the 20's

Comment

I have a 2015 LTZ with almost 150k on it. I like the truck but I have to admit my dodge got better fuel mileage and definitely got better fuel mileage pulling a trailer. The Chevy is a nice ride though. I've had some minor issues but nothing major.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post

There ya go end all be all

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Did they fix the eyesore def tank?

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                              Did they fix the eyesore def tank?
                              One thing I liked better about the Ford (other than it was a long bed) over my Chevy, is having to pop the hood to fill the DEF tank, idc about how it looks down there, but it’s a PITA filling def up

Comment

The DEF tank still hangs down like a **** on a dog, and it's even worse when you take the steps off like I did....but I've found that there is no angle from which I can see it from the drivers seat.

Brandon, I have a '17 and it's a really nice truck. It's not super fast, but it pulls great. I had a wheel speed sensor go out under warranty, and an injector harness issue last month $600 which kind of ****** me off. The creature comforts are unreal, and it rides really good for a 1 ton. My mileage isn't great, but my mileage is never great. I've got about 86K miles on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X