No announcement yet.

Chevy Duramax Trucks Opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'18 Z71 with 55k on the clock with no issues (knock on wood). Several previous Cummings, Ford 6.7, and gassers and will say this has been favorite. Averaging 16mpg running 75-80 most the time and 12-13mpg with a decent load behind it at same speed. Rides good, looks good, more features than I need(LTZ), and plenty of power. I'll say it uses more DEF then the Ford though.

Comment

My 2009 is still trouble free. I definitely dont see the good fuel mileage some of yall are mentioning in the newer ones. All my emissions equipment is still intact, maybe that is part of the worse fuel mileage.

But I love the truck. Wont hesitate to make the panhandle, missouri or kansas trips in it this year.

Comment

I have owned three and looking at my fourth. I have 210k on the current one. lots of power good trucks.

Comment

05 with 290k and a 15 with 78k. My ford pulled better but dmax better on fuel and I just seem to like it more. But drive a dodge every day that makes a check to pay for it all!

Comment

Had an 06’ and was best truck I’ve ever had. My brother has it now with probably 200k. I’ve got a 2015 with 85k and love it. Nothing like rolling at 75mph and forgetting you have 10k lb behind you. No major I ssues so far.

Comment

I have a 2016 with approximately 55K miles. No isssues until couple months ago. An exhaust sensor went out and it said DEF system issue, reduced speed in like 700 miles or something like that. Covered under warranty but still a pain to be without the truck for a few days. Other than that love my truck

Comment

Had a 2003... small things like the bearing/hubs going out at 3k miles soured me. At 160k (just when I thought I'd get a new one), injectors, computer all went out... had ~$12k to get back up. Around 200k, besides nuisances like ceiling coming down, injector goes out again. Dumped the truck.

I do miss not knowing I was pulling anything though. Can't say I'm impressed with my F150. Maybe GMC next...

Comment

Best trucks on the road IMO.

Comment

I've got an '08, 240K on it, new A arms and ball joints, new CV joints, and rebuilt the fuel filter housing twice ($35, 1 hr job), other than that tires, and oil changes. Pulls a load more often than not. I've been impressed.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Comment

I had one that I put over 350k miles on. Allison transmission. Loved it. Have a Ford 6.7 now. Have not had it long. Chevy was more of a highway truck and rode better on the road. there are things about both I liked and disliked. My Chevy would get stuck on a milkweed but it was a longbed. ford is a shortbox and handles off pavement better.

Comment

Originally posted by TXUSMC View Post
                        My in-laws have an 07 2wd dually. It gets 14 mpg on the highway, unloaded, if they are lucky. Stock, pulls a cattle trailer. It’s a nice ride but $$$$ to keep it going. I drive a 16 Cummins 4x4 and see 18+ on the highway.
                        Something seriously wrong with their truck or maybe insertbrandfanboy... my 07 Duramax was the best truck I ever owned. And would get high teens hand calculated on the highway, on 37s, driving like an a-hole.

Comment

Never trust what people say their MPG are. They go by the lie per mile on their dash. LOL!

Comment

04....210k...water pump only

08....308k....not a single problem mechanically

I would buy another one

Same engine in 20 years....while Ford is on their 4th

Comment

I'm about 6 months into my first ever diesel. It's a 2018 Chevy 2500 Duramax. I absolutely love it so far. I get about 17 mpg around town and 21 on the highway. I pull a 6,000 lbs travel trailer and it gets about 11.5 mpg. Pulls great, runs great, and I have no complaints.

Comment

my techs have run all of the big 3 in the last 15 years. I dump them when the repair cost starts to climb which is usually around 150k or the 3 year mark. all of them have strengths and weaknesses. if you go easy on them they'll last forever, if you drive them like a bat out of hell then they'll break.

my dream truck would be a cummins/Alison combo on a ford frame.

Comment

Working...
                                X