Vehicle speculation (truck prices)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by F1addict View Post
    Then you have to buy something to replace it… That’s where you’ll ending up paying the difference.

My wife asked me yesterday why I wouldn’t trade my truck now since I can get top dollar. It’s because I don’t want to pay too dollar on the replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Its mind blowing how people don't realize this!!!

+5 - 5 equals a wash

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
      AMen!

BUt if you don't have a brand new F250 to drive in the city you wont be cool
      They don't come any cooler, than this............
      And the 350TBI, runs, like a new one.......
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1196.JPG
Views:	3
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	24650384

Comment

One of my son's had to take his truck in to a Ram dealer in Abilene for repairs this morning, radiator leaking. It's a 2019, 4x4 loaded he bought used less than a year ago. They offered him $8k more than he paid for it in Lubbock? He's considering trading in but the new inventories are really low as most know these days. Crazy times!!

Comment

It's been mentioned but...

Car dealers aren't your friend. You are taking it in the shorts one way or another. If you have an over supply of used vehicles you won't miss. Then by all means... Cash in now...

If you are trying to upgrade... I promise they aren't doing you any favors.

Comment

So you guys are saying this is accurate? I paid $27,500 Jan 3, 2017...

It's just crazy to think I bought a used truck with 7,500 miles on it and nearly 5 years later the value has gone up 20%
            Attached Files
            Last edited by ctom87; 05-10-2021, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
              This is the best time EVER to upgrade to a new truck if you're not buying a truck that usually sells for 25% below MSRP.

I'm getting great $$ for my Tacoma and am buying a new one for 6% off sticker which is what they were selling for before all this mess. Used can't go much higher or they'll cost more than new. It's insane.
              Originally posted by F1addict View Post
              Then you have to buy something to replace it… That’s where you’ll ending up paying the difference.

My wife asked me yesterday why I wouldn’t trade my truck now since I can get top dollar. It’s because I don’t want to pay too dollar on the replacement.

Originally posted by gingib View Post
              Its mind blowing how people don't realize this!!!

+5 - 5 equals a wash
              It's not a wash if the used truck market is up a lot more than the new truck market. I tried 2 years ago to trade in my Tacoma. They wanted to give me 17k..The new one was 40k Now, two years later after I used the crap out of my truck and beat it up they offer me 20k..A new one is still 40k

Only catch is I'm waiting 2 more months for my truck to come in as I had to order it a month ago.

Comment

The dealerships do not want this current situation. You need inventory to sell. My buddy owns a used lot and he’s about to have to shut it down, only 4 vehicles on the lot and he can’t find anything. He also owns a fillet business and he can’t find anything at auction to renew his fleet.

This will go on for a while, like others said mid 22 is what I’d guess.

Comment

This is what I am waiting on...

Whether it’s taking families on new adventures or helping fleets electrify at scale, our vehicles all share a common goal — preserving the natural world for generations to come.

Comment

I bought a used truck in august 2020 and put 16,000 miles on it. Dealer sent me a letter in the mail asking if I wanted to sell it? They came and looked at it, I got $7,000 more than I paid for it. I let them have it. Luckily I have other vehicles to drive so I sold it to the dealer. But if I was going to have to get another vehicle I wouldn’t have traded it in. New car prices are insane!

Comment

I agree with RiverRat. New trucks are stupid expensive, but they were that way before the shortage of chips, or whatever is causing this issue.

I just traded in my 17 F250 with 81,000 for what I paid for it 3 years ago with 8,000 miles. It hurt paying for a new GMC 2500, but the used truck market has appreciated way more than the new trucks have.

Comment

Originally posted by DXTrey View Post
                        I agree with RiverRat. New trucks are stupid expensive, but they were that way before the shortage of chips, or whatever is causing this issue.

I just traded in my 17 F250 with 81,000 for what I paid for it 3 years ago with 8,000 miles. It hurt paying for a new GMC 2500, but the used truck market has appreciated way more than the new trucks have.

I’m contemplating the same. I paid right at 40 for my 17’ F250 STX FX4 brand new off the lot. Have 101K on the odometer and got offers ranging from 38K - 42K.
                        Only thing stopping me is finding a bumper pull 2 horse slant to replace the gooseneck stock trailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                          It's not a wash if the used truck market is up a lot more than the new truck market. I tried 2 years ago to trade in my Tacoma. They wanted to give me 17k..The new one was 40k Now, two years later after I used the crap out of my truck and beat it up they offer me 20k..A new one is still 40k

Only catch is I'm waiting 2 more months for my truck to come in as I had to order it a month ago.

I understand what you’re saying. Here is my personal example: I purchased my 2019 GMC 1500 new 2 years ago (May 2019) and got almost $10k discount (rebate + dealer discount). If I were to do it today, it’s maybe $1500 discount, IF I could find a 2021 spec’d similar to mine. Not factoring in small price increases each year, I’m going to pay $8500 more this time around for the same truck. I’m not interested in doing that, not matter what my truck is worth now.

However, if my truck is worth $8500 more than it should be, yes it would be a “wash.” But it’s not, it’s only $4-5k over what the value should be.

The reason dealers are paying so much more for used vehicles right now, is because that’s all they’ll have to sell in a few months. If I had an “extra” vehicle / truck that I wasn’t using, this would be the perfect time to sell it.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
                            I’m contemplating the same. I paid right at 40 for my 17’ F250 STX FX4 brand new off the lot. Have 101K on the odometer and got offers ranging from 38K - 42K.
                            Only thing stopping me is finding a bumper pull 2 horse slant to replace the gooseneck stock trailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Get with a couple dealers. Tell them you're in no hurry but want to know a price if you order one. You realize you'll have to wait 3-4 months etc..

You may get one cheaper than you think. I'd wait 4 months truckless to swap a truck with over 100k miles for a new one at no cost.

Comment

Ford dealer offered 16-19k for my 2013 f150 4x4 5.0 supercrew with 112,600 miles. Not sure if I should take advantage and purchase a used f250 at the selling price of 50k 6.7l with 87k miles. Kinds seems like it just offsets.

Comment

Working...
                              X