No announcement yet.

Vehicle speculation (truck prices)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m kicking it around, I have a 2016 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch with only 59k miles on it! Right now it’s valued at more than what I paid for it! It’s black on Brown and I’m kicking it around because I recently moved and I travel down 3 miles of red gravel road ( it can’t stay clean and that eats me up) ! I’m thinking about putting it on Craigslist! I don’t want another King Ranch but instead a Lariat and I can find those in lighter colors ! The Prices are highly elevated but I have gotten call backs from dealers talking about a close to even trade for a Lariat although it may be a 250 with a shorter box!Go figure....
    Last edited by Bucknaked; 05-07-2021, 01:40 PM. Reason: Wanted too

Comment

Man I guess I just don’t get the current market.

There’s used vehicles almost or the same price as new ones. Been helping someone look for a Trail Boss and used with 20k-30k miles is dang near or exactly the same price.

Insane

Comment

I talked with 3 salesmen during lunch today. They said almost verbatim what has been posted already. They don't have inventory(new or used), when/if they get it...it is gone or already spoken for, can't/won't budge on price, and they say it may be this time next year before things straighten out. I am thinking it will be longer. Hang on to what you have or sell for more than you paid.

Comment

The only way you come out ahead today in selling a used vehicle is if you don't have to replace it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Just looked up the value of my 2016 f250 with 83k miles.
            It’s within 5k of what I paid for it 5 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by jessBsemple View Post
              I talked with 3 salesmen during lunch today. They said almost verbatim what has been posted already. They don't have inventory(new or used), when/if they get it...it is gone or already spoken for, can't/won't budge on price, and they say it may be this time next year before things straighten out. I am thinking it will be longer. Hang on to what you have or sell for more than you paid.
              Done producing 21 fords and the salesman I talked to today said the 22’s won’t be out until august of next year! They might as well skip the 22’s and go ahead with the 23’s!

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                Just looked up the value of my 2016 f250 with 83k miles.
                It’s within 5k of what I paid for it 5 years ago.

Then you have to buy something to replace it… That’s where you’ll ending up paying the difference.

My wife asked me yesterday why I wouldn’t trade my truck now since I can get top dollar. It’s because I don’t want to pay too dollar on the replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by ATX Tyler View Post
                  I don't think the dealerships have anything to do with this. They WANT the inventory, they just can't get the allocation from the OEMs right now with the shortages and other issues. Margin compression has been the norm for a while, but at the end of the day, they'd rather have cars to sell than a bunch of demand they can't handle.
                  They are making more margin per truck. They don’t need more inventory when people will pay sticker. More money for the dealerships. They are already making higher profits. Look at the stock prices and read up on why they are so high.

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
                    They are making more margin per truck. They don’t need more inventory when people will pay sticker. More money for the dealerships. They are already making higher profits. Look at the stock prices and read up on why they are so high.
                    No doubt they are adapting to the current situation, but it is not what the majority of dealers want. That well dries up quick especially when allocation from the OEMs is as bad as it is, and less vehicle sales (even with slightly better margins) impacts a lot of their other income streams outside of just how much they made on one truck deal.

Comment

Everyone excited to get more than you paid for your truck, remember the inflation of new prices.

I was excited when I saw my 2015 Ram 2500 about $2000 higher kbb than I paid new. Problem is the comparable 2021 is $15k more. As mentioned above the only way to take advantage of these prices if you don’t have to replace what you trade in.

Comment

Originally posted by F1addict View Post
                        Then you have to buy something to replace it… That’s where you’ll ending up paying the difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                        Nope...
                        I already have an extra vehicle just sitting at the house. I wouldn’t have replace till I get ready.

Comment

Comment

From what I was told by someone that is deeply connected in the industry, it will take 26 weeks from when they started back up making the wafers. Covid shut them down for some time. It’s sort of a gestational period of sorts. It takes 26 weeks to start production. Once production of the wafers are underway, there is a buildup of backlog that will need to be filled. Like someone else posted, vehicles will not be the only thing effected. We are only seeing the beginning of the cycle.

Comment

I have a 2014 F350 Lariat that I am probably going to sell. Was going to keep it for the kiddo but she has no interest in driving. Not sure what to ask but Kelly Blue book says trade in is $27K

Comment

Originally posted by Big Ace View Post
                                From what I was told by someone that is deeply connected in the industry, it will take 26 weeks from when they started back up making the wafers. Covid shut them down for some time. It’s sort of a gestational period of sorts. It takes 26 weeks to start production. Once production of the wafers are underway, there is a buildup of backlog that will need to be filled. Like someone else posted, vehicles will not be the only thing effected. We are only seeing the beginning of the cycle.
                                Man this leads me to believe that once those chips start hitting the market there's gonna be a sharp rise in availability and resulting sharp drop in prices.

Comment

Working...
                                X