No announcement yet.

Vehicle speculation (truck prices)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I read an article the other day that said this will be the new normal. The dealerships finally figured out that if they keep the inventory low and the demand high, they actually make more money with less overhead. They have a higher margin on the vehicle sold and less expenses of inventory.

Comment

This is the best time EVER to upgrade to a new truck if you're not buying a truck that usually sells for 25% below MSRP.

I'm getting great $$ for my Tacoma and am buying a new one for 6% off sticker which is what they were selling for before all this mess. Used can't go much higher or they'll cost more than new. It's insane.

Comment

Originally posted by powderburner View Post
        All manufactures that use Chips in their electronics are going to feel this. The chips used the electronics are on GLOBAL shortage. Inventory is what it is now and it will be mid 2022 before the supply catches back up with the demand.
        Cars are where we see it now.
        Playstations, Xbox, TV's are all going to be next
        I have my tin foil hat thoughts but Gold, Platinum and other metals are all needed to produce these plus resin. if you stop the flow of raw materials finished goods will also stop
        I heard yesterday that Ford has had to keep their manufacturing lines at 50% because of this. Keep in mind that, because of stupid union contracts, they have to pay workers to do nothing on top of this. Prices will remain high for the foreseeable future.

Comment

Originally posted by USMC View Post

He also said that if I could hold off for another 4 or 5 months (don't need the truck, just wanted it) that they should be able to come off 4k to 6k off MSRP. Semi back to normal. I'll check back in Aug or Sept and see where they are.
          See that's what I'm looking at. If I could sell private sale now and sit without maybe I can pick something up at less than insane prices in Aug/Sept for the fall. Just wondering if I should gamble on it or if it's a really unsafe bet.

Comment

Based on what I’m hearing from manufacturers, new vehicle supply will be constrained until mid 2022. It may be months after that when we see prices / discounts start to come back to normal.

Unless I absolutely had to, I wouldn’t purchase a new vehicle until the end of 2022 or early 2023. Used inventory prices will remain elevated until then as well.

Comment

Ain't no truck out there................
              Worth, what their asking................

Comment

I was going to buy an f250 last year but instead decided to put about 500 in a savings account(yes I know that won't pay it).

Still driving my 06 tundra with 180k miles.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post
                  That's how I feel. I'm too stubborn to pay it. I'll keep mine running forever, even if it means dropping an engine in it.

Only Problem is I've got I boy coming up on driving age.....so eventually he'll need transportation. Sucks too, because I've been waiting along time to upgrade to a new truck, and now is around about the time I was going to do it. Talk about bad timing. Good thing we fixed the house up before the lumbar, and everything else went through the roof.
                  Last edited by Lone_Wolf; 05-07-2021, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post
                    AMen!

BUt if you don't have a brand new F250 to drive in the city you wont be cool

Comment

One of my co-workers just paid 84k on his F-250. Dealer charged him 12k for the lift and wheel/tire combo. I just shook my head knowing that he doesn't tow anything.

Comment

Originally posted by andre3k View Post
                        One of my co-workers just paid 84k on his F-250. Dealer charged him 12k for the lift and wheel/tire combo. I just shook my head knowing that he doesn't tow anything.
                        GOSH THIS IS GREAT!!!! I laugh so hard

The typical city american life. Pay what I can't afford, stretch out my payment to 6-8 years, throw it on plastic, get big tires and a lift, and drive all my miles on pavement

And likely doesn't have a pot to **** in!

Comment

I work in the electronic distribution industry. Right now they are talking about things improving Q4 or Q1 of 2022. Unless there is a correction it will be next year. The semiconductor side can not produce enough chips for global demand.

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
                            I read an article the other day that said this will be the new normal. The dealerships finally figured out that if they keep the inventory low and the demand high, they actually make more money with less overhead. They have a higher margin on the vehicle sold and less expenses of inventory.
                            I don't think the dealerships have anything to do with this. They WANT the inventory, they just can't get the allocation from the OEMs right now with the shortages and other issues. Margin compression has been the norm for a while, but at the end of the day, they'd rather have cars to sell than a bunch of demand they can't handle.

Comment

So it's sounding like I may be better off holding on to the truck until after the fall hunting season and then assess the market situation again.

Man I have a '96 4x4 that was destined to go down to fish camp and die and now I'm wondering if I could cash out big on that maybe I should list it for some ridiculous price and see if a buyer pops up lol...

Comment

My truck 18 years old with 185k miles on a gas engine. It’s a v-10 but whatever. Crew cab, leather, decked out in 2003 specs, 4x4 and I paid cash. I have a company truck so I don’t drive it much. Admittedly I get the itch many times a year but I just throw that payment into my budget and it dosent make sense. I want a new one so bad but it’s just insane to buy right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X