Anybody use/like electric chainsaws?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
    I love my small $200 echo. Just nice to add gas, oil and go IMHO.

The folks I have talked with that have switched to battery power have said the something similar in favor of the electrics...

"Nice to pull the trigger and it works....no bad gas or starting issues with batteries and no carrying gas on bumpy lease roads "...

Comment

Originally posted by Electrican View Post
      I have a Kolbalt 40v chainsaw and it’s been great.
      Got one too, only 12" for around the house cutting, but used it at the lease this past year and it did great. Light and with 2 batteries it last as long as I need it too. For really big jobs my son uses a regular big saw, Rancher, but it's just too dang heavy for me anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
        I wanted something small around the house and got a 20 volt 10" Dewalt chainsaw since all of my other battery powered Dewalt stuff are 20 volt. I was shocked with the power this sucker has. Absolutely love it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
        I did the exact same thing. Already had a Dewalt 20V hedge trimmer and blower so I wanted to be able to have compatible batteries and chargers. For the typical job around the house or day at the lease, it's tough to beat. I'm sure the other brands like Milwaukee and Ryobi are about the same, but these things will tire you out before running out of juice.

Sure, battery powered isn't the ticket for some of the more serious jobs, but that type of work doesn't come up very often for me and if it did, I'd probably just go rent a gas saw for the day.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainDave View Post
          I did the exact same thing. Already had a Dewalt 20V hedge trimmer and blower so I wanted to be able to have compatible batteries and chargers. For the typical job around the house or day at the lease, it's tough to beat. I'm sure the other brands like Milwaukee and Ryobi are about the same, but these things will tire you out before running out of juice.

Sure, battery powered isn't the ticket for some of the more serious jobs, but that type of work doesn't come up very often for me and if it did, I'd probably just go rent a gas saw for the day.

I guess that’s what I get for buying Rigid power tools. That’s the only thing keeping me from getting an electric pole saw. My buddy has the dewalt one and it’s great when hanging stands and trimming trails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

My parents really like their battery powered Stihl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X