No announcement yet.

What to offer on a hog lease

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd pay to never see one of those nasty things.

Comment

I’d offer to kill them humanely and to drag them off wherever they wanted them on their property! They should at minimal offer you free steak meals and cold beer for the service you will be providing them!

Comment

Originally posted by austinmike View Post
        Well we meet up and we signed a lease 330 Acers
        Hog and deer 2,000 for it all thank you all
        With Deer? Now your talking ! Sounds like you cut a fat hog in the ***! Good for you!

Comment

Depends if you want to be able to hunt it or not

Most people won’t lease it unless it is beneficial for having someone around there.

Hogs aren’t bothering him it sounds like

I bet $2500 would get it done

Less than that he probably would not want the hassle of someone running around his property

Comment

Guess I should have read the last post
            Heck of a good deal in my eyes

Comment

i think a country boy with connections will have a total different opinion than some city folk looking for a place to go ... much like they'll just drive to the gravel pit and shoot whatever they want however they want while the city folk will pay 20 bucks to go to the shooting range while being scrutinized and commanded by an RO. A landowner who farms may take a hog as a nuisance , while another see it as an opportunity to lease it to someone as game!

all i can say is the city folk who has no place to go and want to hunt hogs will pay to hunt , because the alternative is his couch and an xbox .

i have pigs on my place , i don't eradicate them as i like to shoot one or a few every time i go ... i sure as hell wouldn't pay someone to roam my property and have fun at my expenses .. i wouldn't even lease it as i don't trust people , but i have a few friends that i bring with me and i let them hunt whatever they want... i don't even charge them for it ..
              because we are friends ... this idea that somehow deer hunting is worth thousands while hogs is worth less than nothing to the point you have to pay someone to hunt them is ridiculous IMHO.

i've seen some nice european mount hog skulls that were trophies i'd be proud to have on the wall . to each his own ...

Comment

Heck yea. Good for you bud!!! Best of luck out there

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
                  i think a country boy with connections will have a total different opinion than some city folk looking for a place to go ... much like they'll just drive to the gravel pit and shoot whatever they want however they want while the city folk will pay 20 bucks to go to the shooting range while being scrutinized and commanded by an RO. A landowner who farms may take a hog as a nuisance , while another see it as an opportunity to lease it to someone as game!

all i can say is the city folk who has no place to go and want to hunt hogs will pay to hunt , because the alternative is his couch and an xbox .

i have pigs on my place , i don't eradicate them as i like to shoot one or a few every time i go ... i sure as hell wouldn't pay someone to roam my property and have fun at my expenses .. i wouldn't even lease it as i don't trust people , but i have a few friends that i bring with me and i let them hunt whatever they want... i don't even charge them for it ..
                  because we are friends ... this idea that somehow deer hunting is worth thousands while hogs is worth less than nothing to the point you have to pay someone to hunt them is ridiculous IMHO.

i've seen some nice european mount hog skulls that were trophies i'd be proud to have on the wall . to each his own ...
                  And some landowners will even give ya few bucks every now and then, cuz they know ammo is expensive.

Comment

Country boys don’t give AF about them.....and city boys want to pay for them. That pretty much sums it up. Don’t blame the city guys at all though

Comment

What to offer on a hog lease

Originally posted by Passthrough View Post
                      Country boys don’t give AF about them.....and city boys want to pay for them. That pretty much sums it up. Don’t blame the city guys at all though

Come on now!?! But country and city boys pay for a stupid *** bird that can’t get through a barbwire fence without 20 back and forths and flying migrating livers, both that are easily controlled with decoys and fake calls.[emoji23][emoji23]. Both of which I love to hunt as well. [emoji6]

Wait wait assuming you are calling yourself a country boy living in Collinsville, you sure spent a lot of money on night equipment and were desperately looking for ammo a few months backs to not give AF about killing pigs .[emoji23][emoji23]

I do personally know several country boys, hybrid country/city boys and city boys that love to hunt them with a bow and rifle so that generalization is bordering on hyperbole...

Last edited by Smart; 05-03-2021, 06:19 AM.

Comment

Hogs

Originally posted by Old Bald Guy View Post
                        You aren't paying to hunt hogs, you are paying the landowner to put up with you.
                        Agree!!!

Comment

[quote=austinmike;15595869
                          He say he only see a few deer so no deer hunting rights witch is fine for me[/QUOTE]

Well hopefully deer will show up and be a part of your hunts. Glad to hear he decided to let you hunt deer also. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                          X