No announcement yet.

What to offer on a hog lease

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it is great that you guys have a good relationships with land owners that they trust you to hunt their property. So many hunters aren’t good stewards of the land and ruin it for others. My hunters take great care of my property and I grant them access to hunt all other game as well. Good luck and great hunting! Keep up the good work!

Comment

I’m not currently paying on my local place here but if for some reason I lost it, I dang sure would consider it with as much fun as I have bowhunting them. I love it.. “see a pig shoot a pig... kill a pig!” Take out the straps and hindquarters if I want, and leave the rest for the yotes.

There is no “how much does he score, how old is he, is he big enough, is he better than my last one or is he mature enough to take?.. no disagreements over age/score, nor who am I gonna **** off by shooting this ? “

See a pig shoot a pig. Great offseason bowhunting fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        I’m not currently paying on my local place here but if for some reason I lost it, I dang sure would consider it with as much fun as I have bowhunting them. I love it.. “see a pig shoot a pig... kill a pig!” Take out the straps and hindquarters if I want, and leave the rest for the yotes.

There is no “how much does he score, how old is he, is he big enough, is he better than my last one or is he mature enough to take?.. no disagreements over age/score, nor who am I gonna **** off by shooting this ? “

See a pig shoot a pig. Great offseason bowhunting fun.

It’s not offseason yet?!

Comment

Originally posted by ClayW View Post
          It’s not offseason yet?!

Good in-season fun too. I hunted them during deer season too. I’m adjustable... [emoji41]

Comment

It’s worth a lot. I’ve had people crawling through my fences and trespassing to hunt hogs. So the demand is there.

Comment

I’d hunt hogs everyday if I had the time. I’m sitting in the blind right now watching it rain. Shot one already at 6:30. My feeder doesn’t go off until 7:00. I sure hope we never get to a point of paying landowners $2,000 for the right to hunt pigs. Can’t imagine what that would do to deer lease pricing. It’s already too high.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                It’s worth a lot. I’ve had people crawling through my fences and trespassing to hunt hogs. So the demand is there.
                The demand to kill them for free anyway. They ain’t knocking on your door and offering to pay you first.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                  The demand to kill them for free anyway. They ain’t knocking on your door and offering to pay you first.
                  Does a thief offer to pay you before he steals your stuff?

Comment

Does a thief offer to pay you before he steals your stuff?

Obviously not. It wouldn’t be worth it to them. That’s the point.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                      Obviously not. It wouldn’t be worth it to them. That’s the point.
                      The point is that if it didn’t have value a thief wouldn’t steal it.

Comment

The point is that if it didn’t have value a thief wouldn’t steal it.

Ok. True, but we are talking about paying a fee to hunt hogs. The question was how much to pay. Obviously they have some value. They are made out of pork. .

Comment

Sounds like something Gingib/mhbaseball might do..[emoji15][emoji12][emoji23]

Comment

You all need to get out more. Spouse's family has 6 folks paying for hogs and doe deer, a pretty penny too. Hog leases are out there and folks are willing to pay to have access to hunt them.

Comment

And run dogs😄😉
                              Originally posted by Smart View Post
                              Sounds like something Gingib/mhbaseball might do..[emoji15][emoji12][emoji23]
                              Said it before me👍👍😂

Comment

Well we meet up and we signed a lease 330 Acers
                                Hog and deer 2,000 for it all thank you all

Comment

Working...
                                X