No announcement yet.

DEF in my diesel fuel.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dang. Sorry to hear. Hope all gets better.

Comment

Is the truck under factory warranty? If so and you take it to a dealer they will tell you it needs a new engine or the warranty is voided.

Comment

I've been fighting trailer brakes all day...I'll stop whining now.

Comment

Originally posted by Les View Post
          You are right down the road. Where did they take your truck?
          They took it back to Houston. NAB Truck and Auto services.

Comment

Originally posted by mrc View Post
            Is the truck under factory warranty? If so and you take it to a dealer they will tell you it needs a new engine or the warranty is voided.
            So if Geico is covering the claim I should take it to a ford dealer?

It’s at a reputable local shop now, not the Ford house. I was thinking it was going to be out of pocket when I had it towed.

Comment

Why would insurance pay for something like this? Serious question. I can see them paying if I had taken the truck in for service and the lot boy filled the wrong tank up with DEF but if I did it because I was not paying attention?
              Not pointing the finger at the OP because I can see how this could happen and I feel bad for him. I just wonder how this would be a legitimate insurance company responsibility?
              Can someone explain that one to me?

Comment

Originally posted by WyoBull View Post
                Why would insurance pay for something like this? Serious question. I can see them paying if I had taken the truck in for service and the lot boy filled the wrong tank up with DEF but if I did it because I was not paying attention?
                Not pointing the finger at the OP because I can see how this could happen and I feel bad for him. I just wonder how this would be a legitimate insurance company responsibility?
                I get it. Insurance want even a thought in my head until it was suggested to me. I was prepared for Geico to tell me to go pound sand. They didn’t though.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
                  Your insurance company will cover the cost on these repairs or a large portion. I have had to replace lines, pumps, injectors and even engines in these cases. I would contact your insurance company ASAP and get that ball rolling.
                  This. Had two customers do it and their insurance company paid for it to the tune of about $25,000 each.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunterhelm View Post
                    So if Geico is covering the claim I should take it to a ford dealer?

It’s at a reputable local shop now, not the Ford house. I was thinking it was going to be out of pocket when I had it towed.
                    A good shop will probably tell you the same thing, I have never done it but know a couple that have. They said the urea will corrode the aluminum, I can't verify that but have been told it several times.

Comment

Unless it was done intentionally they consider it an "other than collision" peril.

Comment

For the same reason if you have a grease fire on your stove that lights your house on fire. It's your fault for creating the grease fire, but insurance is still going to pay out. Then crank up your deductible.

BTW, glad to hear it's covered OP. Now get a rental and get on your way!
                        Last edited by WItoTX; 05-29-2020, 11:52 AM. Reason: .

Comment

Can't really explain it. But it's kind of like people who flood their cars in a low water crossing. Ins covers that.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunterhelm View Post
                            They took it back to Houston. NAB Truck and Auto services.

Ok. Your trailer safe and still at Wallisville? I can come get it and bring it to my house if need be. (Get it off the side of I10)
                            Lesto!!

Comment

Simply put, it was an accident.

Comment

Glad Geico is covering it for you, but curious what coverage this falls under? I would have never expected something like that to be covered.

Edit: didn't refresh thread before posting

Comment

Working...
                                X