No announcement yet.

DEF in my diesel fuel.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll keep my fingers crossed that it works out in your favor.

Comment

Originally posted by Les View Post
      Where is that picture taken? Hankamer??
      Chambers County Museum at Wallisville.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
        Your insurance company will cover the cost on these repairs or a large portion. I have had to replace lines, pumps, injectors and even engines in these cases. I would contact your insurance company ASAP and get that ball rolling.
        Just called GEICO, they said I’m covered. Thank you Jesus!

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
          When something that easy can destroy a 70K viehicle....why do the manufactures still put the holes so close together?
          So they can bring them back to the dealership for major repairs, lining those pockets more!

Comment

When something that easy can destroy a 70K viehicle....why do the manufactures still put the holes so close together?
            or make the nozzles on the pumps the same size? This could be easily prevented by simple human factors engineering.

Comment

When GM put the Def fill under the hood. We still saw clients putting it in their fuel tank.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunterhelm View Post
                that usa a releif to hear. stinks the start of your weekend is so crumby. dumb questions from a non diesel owner but what is DEF?

Comment

Man, I am sick for you! I don't drive a diesel but doing what you did would be my biggest fear. Easy mistake to make just not paying close enough attention but there is no incentive for the manufacturers to separate the fill holes to try and prevent it because when this happens, it is their dealer network that reaps the rewards in high repair costs.

Comment

Your insurance company will cover the cost on these repairs or a large portion. I have had to replace lines, pumps, injectors and even engines in these cases. I would contact your insurance company ASAP and get that ball rolling.
                    I’ve seen them repair the mentioned above when it was due to bad fuel, but never due to pumping DEF into the wrong tank. Have you seen them cover it then? I’m genuinely curious.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunterhelm View Post
                      That is awesome! Good to know that!

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                        I’ve seen them repair the mentioned above when it was due to bad fuel, but never due to pumping DEF into the wrong tank. Have you seen them cover it then? I’m genuinely curious.
                        Yes. I have actually not seen full coverage not cover it. One customer has done it 2 times and they covered it both times. This was in a 3-4 month span.

Comment

Originally posted by TxSon1836 View Post
                          that usa a releif to hear. stinks the start of your weekend is so crumby. dumb questions from a non diesel owner but what is DEF?
                          Diesel Exhaust Fluid. It is injected into the exhaust system to help clean the exhaust exiting the vehicle. This was a government intervention that has killed the diesel world. Anytime the gvt gets involved in the Auto industry it never helps.....

Comment

I guess Chevy putting it under the hoods for a reason
                            Last edited by BrandonA; 05-29-2020, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Yes. I have actually not seen full coverage not cover it. One customer has done it 2 times and they covered it both times. This was in a 3-4 month span.
                              LOL, I suspect he was promptly dropped by that ins co shortly after that...

Originally posted by TxSon1836 View Post
                              It's a mixture of urea (Urine) diluted with water that sprays into the exhaust pipe to stop the black smoke that gets past the exhaust filter, as well as react to the NOx coming out the tail pipe of the truck, creating water vapor and another compound I can't remember.

Just FYI, word on the street from a friend at Toyota, DEF may be coming to gas trucks in the future. Probably not under this president, but another D yes. Toyota already has a system ready to go is my understanding.

Comment

You are right down the road. Where did they take your truck?
                                Lesto!!

Comment

Working...
                                X