Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

congrats

Comment

Over a year for me now. I chewed Copenhagen my whole life and thought I’d never be able to stop. I quit cold turkey and never looked back. Every now and then I still get the urge, but it goes as fast as it started. You can do it. Stay busy and keep your mind off of it.

Comment

Hang in there. Only say to quit is just make ur mind up and quit. I been quit 27 years. U can do it. Lots of support on the greenscreen

Comment

I quit a bit back. Started out using Smokey mountain, then after that for about a year I quit that too. Completely dip free for probably 5-6 months

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by steven View Post
            Thought I'd bring up a zombie thread since I didn't want to start a new one just to brag. As of 5/14/2020 I am officially at one year snuff free after an 18 year habit.
            Awesome! Congrats!

Coming up on 6 months myself! It's weird typing that, for years I truly believed I would never be able to quit.

Comment

Snuff

Originally posted by T-bird View Post
              Right at 40 hours without a dip of snuff. So far, not too bad. Chewing a lot of gum though.
              Just eat a table spoon full. Works every time.

Comment

My biggest motivation was how much money I was spending every day. $300 a month was enough for me to quit and buy my first new truck. Threw my last can of snuff in the trash. Never took or wanted to take another dip.

Comment

That's awesome keep it up. My buddy is trying to quite and he was telling me that the hardest part is the first 5 days. I have tried to quite a few times now, but no luck. I know if i finally do it will save me a lot of money.

Comment

I am 2 months snuff free after a roughly 25 year habit. Quit cold turkey and after a few days had no more major cravings. Feels good.

Comment

Yep. Sheer will, determination and packs and pack of gum worked for me many years ago. I was a grizzly bear for a while, but stayed the course.

Comment

Originally posted by Tjciranni View Post
                        That's awesome keep it up. My buddy is trying to quite and he was telling me that the hardest part is the first 5 days. I have tried to quite a few times now, but no luck. I know if i finally do it will save me a lot of money.
                        try Grinds. They are pouches with coffee grinds in it. It has helped me a lot. I quit on 1/29/20. Get them at bucees in bastrop for about $3 and change and a can last me a few days!!

Comment

I relapsed....Only using a pinch every other day or so...but still. I failed.

Comment

One of the best things you could have done for your health--stay strong!!!

Comment

cold turkey is best. I've done it twice. Not easy. This time stuck. 15 years.

Comment

I dipped a long time, then a feller I know got a sore in his mouth that would not heal. He dipped Cope in the side of his mouth not the lip. That sore kept getting bigger and he had it tested. Cancer, they removed part of his nose and jaw. Then replaced the jawbone.
                                He is still alive but in poor health now. I bought my last can in 2007, and never finished it. Kept thinking about him and never did want anymore after that.

Comment

Working...
                                X