No announcement yet.

THE Official Twin Buttes Reservoir Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meeting with city went very well. As for the blind and tree stand issues as of immediately no more hunting equipment is to be confiscated, tho the ruling still stands for now. (ill explain in a minute) You may see a friendly note asking you to remove instead. PLEASE adhear to the current ruling until we can meet further to get a better understanding between parties for a more mutual agreement.

Now, this is what we CVHA proposed to the city mgr. today. It was in the form of a "Hunting Blind Permit " program. Escentially you purchase a permit thus like a camping permit for the use of a commercially manufactured hunting blind/stand for either a weekend or season pass. This was to alleviate the whole issue of what was "Litter" or "abandoned Property" all together and beneficial to the city and would help fund their lake cleanup and maintenance program (ya gotta talk dollars when it comes to city finance).

Well what happend next was quite excellent for us......the city mgr was very receptive of the idea but appearantly he has a whole stewadship agenda already in the works (just beginning) and has invited us (CVHA) to be a part of it by sitting in on the planning meetings and put forth our recommendations. It is way to early to start throwing around information as of yet but I can say that you could most likely see TBR modeled after San Angelo State Park rules and regs and a probable permit program.

I truly believe the city mgr. has whats best for the hunting in our area in mind as he himself is an avid hunter himself!

Furthermore all the issues folks have voiced to me by email, phone, and here on the forum have been addressed and heard.

Daniel I urge you to call me so I can try to help you with your issue. Here on this forum is not really the place. You have my number.

Comment

I sincerely apologize for not calling you. i've been so busy. full time job, full time college student, twin 4 yr olds at home... just not a lot of time.
      i really want to set up a time to meet, but the little free time i have is quickly gone with chores around the house.

i did however go out to put some corn down at the lake, and got stopped by the LPP. the guy i talked to was unaware of anything you mention. i guess it hasn't filtered down yet.

i'll try ot call you this weekend. i'm checking on a lease saturday.

Comment

Back in the good 'ol days when Hafernick and I stomped around at the Buttes, we'd hardly ever see anyone else much less anyone patrolling the area. Sounds like some structured regulations are soon in store for the Buttes. I believe that will certainly be good for the stewardship of the resources out there.
        My favorite fly fishing spot in the Angelo area is at the Spring Creek **** downstream from the Boys Ranch. Lot's of sunfish and small bass. BIG BASS above the dam!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Harvey View Post
          Back in the good 'ol days when Hafernick and I stomped around at the Buttes, we'd hardly ever see anyone else much less anyone patrolling the area. Sounds like some structured regulations are soon in store for the Buttes. I believe that will certainly be good for the stewardship of the resources out there.
          My favorite fly fishing spot in the Angelo area is at the Spring Creek **** downstream from the Boys Ranch. Lot's of sunfish and small bass. BIG BASS above the dam!!!!
          Hey Harvey I just started fly fishing again recently. Thanks for info. Another fun place to flyfish and bowfish is upstream from garner **** where the river splits at the "Island" go left up the east fork about 200yards to a bend in the river that forms a lilly pad covered "pond" packed full of Alligator Garr. Fun stuff on a fly rod!

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter_Man View Post
            I sincerely apologize for not calling you. i've been so busy. full time job, full time college student, twin 4 yr olds at home... just not a lot of time.
            i really want to set up a time to meet, but the little free time i have is quickly gone with chores around the house.

i did however go out to put some corn down at the lake, and got stopped by the LPP. the guy i talked to was unaware of anything you mention. i guess it hasn't filtered down yet.

i'll try ot call you this weekend. i'm checking on a lease saturday.
            Hey I hear ya, you do sound busy. Call me and I'll update ya on what I know and talk about some good spots.

Rob

Comment

Shot me an email

Originally posted by SanAngeloBowman View Post
              With all the "Issues" lately concerning TBR we have as of today formed the Concho Valley Hunters Advocacy to open dialouge with local authorities, TPWD, and the City of San Angelo. All those with concerns may email me with details and we will try our best to sort out the issues at hand here. We are actively seeking members for help and support of the newly formed group and if you live or hunt here I strongly encourage you to get involved to protect our public hunting lands and rights.
              Shot me an email with the details. I just joined the forum, but plan on hunting TBR all year with and couple buddies. I am stationed in San Angelo to 2012, so I'd like to hunt for the next couple years here.

P.S. going scouting tomorrow 11/04/2009 for a place to hunt this weekend, and suggestions?

Thanks,

Russ

Comment

Originally posted by RussLandry View Post
                Shot me an email with the details. I just joined the forum, but plan on hunting TBR all year with and couple buddies. I am stationed in San Angelo to 2012, so I'd like to hunt for the next couple years here.

P.S. going scouting tomorrow 11/04/2009 for a place to hunt this weekend, and suggestions?

Thanks,

Russ
                If ya have a 4 wheeler go checkout area 6 as far back in as ya can get along river. Another good spot is in Area 3 as far back up the spring creek area as ya can get. Look at areial photos and find the back fence with the cattle guard. Go thru that and back to where ya see the big pecan trees along river near a ****. A guy shot a 14 point back there last year. Warning: the road is VERY overgrown. Taking your street vehicle/truck will cause certain damage to the body/paint.

Comment

If ya have a 4 wheeler go checkout area 6 as far back in as ya can get along river. Another good spot is in Area 3 as far back up the spring creek area as ya can get. Look at areial photos and find the back fence with the cattle guard. Go thru that and back to where ya see the big pecan trees along river near a ****. A guy shot a 14 point back there last year. Warning: the road is VERY overgrown. Taking your street vehicle/truck will cause certain damage to the body/paint.
                  Hey SAB,

I went scoutting area 3 today on my lunch. I went in on the 1st road on the east side of the zone, drove in about 1 mile, got out and walked north to the res, it didn't look too promising. I was thinking the south area of the zone near the point of the res. Is there anywhere you could put a canoe in and paddle the shore line until you get to the south point? Is that possible?

Thanks,

Russ

Comment

Hey SAB,

I went scoutting area 3 today on my lunch. I went in on the 1st road on the east side of the zone, drove in about 1 mile, got out and walked north to the res, it didn't look too promising. I was thinking the south area of the zone near the point of the res. Is there anywhere you could put a canoe in and paddle the shore line until you get to the south point? Is that possible?

Thanks,

Russ
                    RUSS

send me your phone number. What you are talking about is totally unnecessary, plus your looking in wrong spots. I can tell ya much more or show ya more if we talk soon. I'll be hunting back out there starting this weekend due to draw hunts at SASP where Ive been lately.

Rob

Comment

RUSS

send me your phone number. What you are talking about is totally unnecessary, plus your looking in wrong spots. I can tell ya much more or show ya more if we talk soon. I'll be hunting back out there starting this weekend due to draw hunts at SASP where Ive been lately.

Rob
                      Sent you a message

Comment

Sent you a message
                        My work email is russ.landry@goodfellow.af.mil

Comment

Sent you a message
                          I'll check it. One of my old hunting buddys was the Chf. Msgt. out there at GFAB. Paul Moreau. I believe he's running a base up in Penn. now but his son John still comes out to hunt and visit with me.

Comment

Sent you a message
                            No message found? you can call me 212 3251

Comment

Thanks again for all the advice today!

Comment

Any time. Hope it works out for ya. I'll be hunting out there again starting this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X