X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ll be there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

looks like it may rain the first part of the hunt.

Comment

hello @GBludau, I'm going in December any spots you can suggest text me at 3615626329 ty for you time, have a blessed day

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
          looks like it may rain the first part of the hunt.

Well of course it will, I’m gonna be there. Let it rain.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonS View Post
            Small folding chairs, stools work well. Pop ups are Bulky/ tripods heavy. There is alot of shrubbery to hide in/among. Be careful, many plants have thorns. Everything has pros/cons.

They will go over all rules during session, but it’s really a review of the brochure. No lean to stand/strap one, climbers, etc. the trees are. It really ideal, for the most part.

I went with my brother last year, had s blast. My brother lost one. I missed shot opertunity. Maybe 3 actual opertunites during whole 5 days. So, be ready when it comes. Saw does, turtles, pigs, no snakes. I’ll be alone this year as he couldn’t make it.

Patience/endurance is key. Bring a lot of wAter. I thought my brother was over packing. He wasn’t. I think we drank at least 2-3liters a day. It was hot, we sweated a lot. Wear light clothing. Bikes are better for longer treks.

I’ll get on board this year.
            Spot on right here. See you all next week!

Comment

What would y’all say the average height of the brush/trees are at LA? Just trying to decide if my tripod is to tall, my eye level height is around 11 feet.

Comment

Orientation at 3pm on the 15th in the community center, right? I never got the email and the woman I talked to said that sounded right to her.......

Comment

Originally posted by Nicholson84 View Post
                  What would y’all say the average height of the brush/trees are at LA? Just trying to decide if my tripod is to tall, my eye level height is around 11 feet.
                  I use a tripod 7 foot to the seat. Yours should be fine.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jen-Man View Post
                    Orientation at 3pm on the 15th in the community center, right? I never got the email and the woman I talked to said that sounded right to her.......

That's affirmative.

Comment

Originally posted by gemini2759 View Post
                      I use a tripod 7 foot to the seat. Yours should be fine.

Awesome!! Thanks Gemini!

Comment

I called about doing a late orientation on Friday and was told no that would not work. I know for a fact they allowed this last year. Anyone else have info on this?

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan2014 View Post
                          I called about doing a late orientation on Friday and was told no that would not work. I know for a fact they allowed this last year. Anyone else have info on this?
                          I called and and left a message for them to call me back. I still have not heard from them. I have to work at 3 pm on Wednesday. I cannot take another day off. They said if we did not attend the orientation then we could not hunt. It's like they are trying to see how many hunters they can disqualify by them not attending the orientation. Just my opinion but oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
                            I hunted two years in a row. First year I had no bike but used a buddy’s on 1 day. It was def way worse on the legs and feet. Had blisters like crazy. Last year I went out of my way trying to find a bike. It is night and days different and wayyyyyy much easier to get around. I hunted unit 3 last year almost every day and it took me about 30 minutes to get back there. Walking would take way over an hour. I would put my bow in my back pack along enough snacks/food/drinks for the entire day. I even saw some guys rig up mounts to put the bow in. One thing about the guys that walk is more and more of the only go a couple hundred yards into the units. Lots of hunters close to the roads.

Pulling a cart was to hard. The cart I have has solid hard tires and made it worse to pull over the rocks.
                            they got rocks down there??? I thought it was all sand and tall grass with snakes and gators and thorns

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                              they got rocks down there??? I thought it was all sand and tall grass with snakes and gators and thorns
                              Lol. Rocks on the roads is what i was referring to. Limestone roads. And some are dirt too
                              Last edited by txoutdoorsman24; 11-09-2018, 10:39 PM.

Comment

oh...ok... only roads I know down there are are unit 1 and when I was there it was about 2' high in grass. I hope they are gonna cut it before the hunt.

Comment

Working...
                                X