No announcement yet.

2018 TPWD Draw Hunts - let the fun begin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The lakes come up 10 feet, maybe that's why choke is boat only?

Comment

There are several units around the lake that have no road access, so you have to boat in.

Comment

I ended up 3 for 61 this year, not too bad. Still waiting patiently for Gun Mule Deer; by the time I get drawn I may be too old to go.

Comment

I dunno. Maybe it’s not the same patch of ground. Either way, their playground, their rules. I’m just excited to get to hunt somewhere new. Pure dumb luck, I didn’t even apply for it, my buddy did, and put both our names on the application. Anybody know of a place that rents boats for Choke?

Comment

I went o'fer once again.

Comment

Originally posted by SM69 View Post
              Daughter was drawn for the South Llano hunt in January, she is beyond excited for it! She was very fortunate to shoot her first whitetail doe, a pig and then, near the close of the season, the buck in my avatar last year at 9 yo.

Very fortunate! I saw a bruiser out there yesterday!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mudmauler View Post
                Very fortunate! I saw a bruiser out there yesterday!!!

That’s a monster I saw one nice one but nothing like that how many axis you end up getting ?

Comment

Pending second draw means better luck next yr

Comment

Ended with 5 and didn’t shoot anything the final morning. Was hoping that a monster would walk out behind all the does at some point.

Comment

Ended with 5 and didn’t shoot anything the final morning. Was hoping that a monster would walk out behind all the does at some point.

Very nice I got first choice on blinds and picked the shatties one out of the 8 maybe better one next time

Comment

Any of you guys interested in bringing a kid to Hunt County on Thanksgiving weekend for a doe hunt?

I have 50 acres with a Redneck soft side blind and feeder set at 22y, it's overlooking a food plot with a shot out to about 75-100y.

I have 1 other TBH'er in line that is trying to set it up but if he can't make it I'd like for someone to be able to bring a kid out.

I will most likely be out of town that weekend so it will be on the honor system Although I have a couple of nosey neighbors that watch the place

DOE ONLY, NO BUCKS, and we may be able work it where you can go multiple days.

South Hunt County around the lake. There are no hogs.

Let me know

Comment

Awesome gesture. My kid is 25. Can I bring him? JK
                          Good luck to whoever takes you up on your offer.

Comment

5 axis? Heck yeah. Was that private land? That's a ton of opportunities

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                              Any of you guys interested in bringing a kid to Hunt County on Thanksgiving weekend for a doe hunt?

I have 50 acres with a Redneck soft side blind and feeder set at 22y, it's overlooking a food plot with a shot out to about 75-100y.

I have 1 other TBH'er in line that is trying to set it up but if he can't make it I'd like for someone to be able to bring a kid out.

I will most likely be out of town that weekend so it will be on the honor system Although I have a couple of nosey neighbors that watch the place

DOE ONLY, NO BUCKS, and we may be able work it where you can go multiple days.

South Hunt County around the lake. There are no hogs.

Let me know
                              Great gesture thanks for offering it up. I'd take you up on it but my 14 yo has two hunts this year so he's got enough.

Comment

Originally posted by NxSTexan View Post
                                5 axis? Heck yeah. Was that private land? That's a ton of opportunities

It was a TPW draw hunt at South Llano River park in Junction.

Comment

Working...
                                X