Duck Trailer Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duck Trailer Build

I set out this year with a new 4 wheeler and new duck trailer.

I upgraded from last years small honda to a new 420 rancher 4x4. I love the new ATV but needed a way to get people to the duck blind.....Hence the trailer build. Modeled after one of my other guides trailers I came up with this 4x8 trailer. only restraint I had was that it had to be short and not to wide as to where it would not fit on the new trailer(yes a trailer on a trailer).

ended up getting free axle and hubs.
    $200 on steel
    $120 on tires and rims
    $100 on paint (plenty of left over paint for later touch ups)
    $30 worth of boards

Not a bad deal and it will work perfectly for duck and goose hunts in texas and Arkansas this year. Also made sure to make it big enough for the 4 wheeler to fit on it just in case we need to load it up and pull with truck or ranger.

Hope you like it!
    Attached Files

Looks good and you did it on a fairly cheap budget.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Nice set up and build but how you gonna keep from slinging mud on the occupants? Or is that by design?

Comment

Looks good. How about some grab handles?

Comment

Originally posted by 100%TtId View Post
            Nice set up and build but how you gonna keep from slinging mud on the occupants? Or is that by design?
            This. When we load down my trailer it really makes the wheeeler dig in and sling the mud. We actually have one guy sit on the front rack of the wheeler to balance it out better.

Comment

No pansys allowed!! No I plan to put a board on the front and a board for the tailgate. I haven’t got that far yet.

Comment

good job

Comment

Nice rig

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I tore a hole in a pair of brand new waders on a wood bench seat like whats on your trailer once. So as a service to your clients make sure that the seating surface is free of any splinters or rough edges.

Comment

Looks good dude

Comment

A grab rail and fenders would be nice. But other than that it looks nice and should serve you well!

Comment

Originally posted by HunterRoss View Post
                          I tore a hole in a pair of brand new waders on a wood bench seat like whats on your trailer once. So as a service to your clients make sure that the seating surface is free of any splinters or rough edges.

Nice build.

Maybe cover with indoor/ outdoor carpeting?

I’d put a back on the seats and grab bars too- if somebody rolls back in the dark and hurts themselves you’ll have a lawsuit on you hands.

Gun rack or a place to put shotguns in cases so hunters can hold onto the grab bars?

Comment

Working...
                          X