Big Lake Bottom WMA E-Postcard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GBludau View Post
    I was informed there were a couple deer harvested, and a couple not recovered. Let us know the conditions out there, Phillip

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Not recovered, I guess I don't understand how that works. Sloppy archery

Sent from my LG-M255 using Tapatalk

Comment

I was informed there were a couple deer harvested, and a couple not recovered. Let us know the conditions out there, Phillip

Will do. They called to verify I would still be attending the hunt and they told me it was extremely wet out there, and to be prepared for that, which I think I am

Comment

Originally posted by birdsongty1 View Post
        Not recovered, I guess I don't understand how that works. Sloppy archery

One day you will.

It happens to the best of us.

Comment

Knock on wood, never bow hunting, once rifle hunting

Comment

So I'm curious, with all this rain thata going on especially what's predicted the next 2 weeks ... Will it be worth hunting the 11/1-11/11 draw?? Will it flood if we get much more rain?? Heard that's pretty dang flat and it all floods evenly and doesnt take much to flood it.

Comment

Originally posted by WreakinHavoc View Post
              So I'm curious, with all this rain thata going on especially what's predicted the next 2 weeks ... Will it be worth hunting the 11/1-11/11 draw?? Will it flood if we get much more rain?? Heard that's pretty dang flat and it all floods evenly and doesnt take much to flood it.
              Also curious, but as I learned at Aransas. Deer wade through water, without any hesitation.

Comment

Remember they will bed on high dry land. Find the bedding areas
                Also curious, but as I learned at Aransas. Deer wade through water, without any hesitation.

Comment

I would think the flooded areas would help as long as there isn't too much pressure on them. It will narrow down the bedding areas for sure. Hunting beast has some videos on hunting swamp and marsh areas. Good info.

Comment

So I hunted this weekend and won't be able to hunt during the week but plan on heading back for the final 2 days. Did see some deer and hogs, got stuck out Saturday evening in a pretty bad storm. Was doing alright for a couple hours of hard steady rain sitting in my pop up. However I did notice that water was pooling up all around me pretty good. My son and I finally decided to cut our losses and yeah back to camp before it got to bad to make it back. About a 30 minute ride on our 4-wheeler, we got soaked beyond soaked, boots filled up with water, gortex jacket soaked through, about 3-4 miles back probably and every bit of the way back was through water. Oh, like always the mosquitos were horrible

Comment

Originally posted by WreakinHavoc View Post
                      That last sentence sounds pretty accurate from what I saw this weekend

Comment

Originally posted by philipolsen View Post
                        That last sentence sounds pretty accurate from what I saw this weekend
                        well I got to work this morning and found out we have a turnaround starting either November 3 or November 4 and lasting 7 days.... So I am going to call TPWD and hopefully give some one else a shot.. Very unfortunate.

Comment

I hope things dry up a little before the November 30th hunt. As of now our group doesn’t have a four wheeler. Will be buck only for that period so hopefully there’s a few still around.

Comment

How is it going out there? I can't imagine this rain isn't causing some major flooding.

Comment

Originally posted by HuntorFish View Post
                              I hope things dry up a little before the November 30th hunt. As of now our group doesn’t have a four wheeler. Will be buck only for that period so hopefully there’s a few still around.
                              I will be there the 30th November but I will have a four wheeler. Coming from Killeen.

Comment

I would not be surprised at all if they cancel some or all of the hunts. Even if the water will recede by then. They do it because of fawn loss I believe. They do not want to place more stress on the herd.

Comment

Working...
                                X