2019 Saltwater Fishing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
    I hope it does. Can't do anything, but help the fishery.

It helped Matagorda out.

Comment

It didnt help the ulm imo. Catching more dinks than ever.

Comment

Headed to Baffin for a quick one day trip, weather is supposed to be mild in the morning so we are taking advantage of it.

Comment

Does anyone have a current tuna guide recommendation for Venice? I haven't fished out of there for six years. Last time I used Superstrike Charters. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Comment

T
            Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
            Headed to Baffin for a quick one day trip, weather is supposed to be mild in the morning so we are taking advantage of it.
            Could be a good one, on the fly?

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
              If I'm seeing it correctly looks like the upper coast 5 trout limit passed. Really won't affect me much as I fish Matagorda mainly, but the Galveston boys are sure in an uproar about it.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
              I would assume, creel survey(net) we’re off the charts for 2018, in all recruit sizes

Comment

Originally posted by rvd View Post
                T

Could be a good one, on the fly?

Not this time, I’m more of a summer fly guy down here

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
                  Not this time, I’m more of a summer fly guy down here
                  Me too but I thought you were sportier than me

Comment

Gotcha, saw a thread on 2cool and they were talking as if it already had passed.

And I'm 100 percent with you on the fishing in the cold, ain't happening!

It needs to pass and bad!!!!! This area gets entirely too much pressure to sustain.. Its been taking pounding for years now....

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                      I hope it does. Can't do anything, but help the fishery.
                      Based on science with data or your feelings? Just asking......

I keep seeing all these pro 5 fish limit replies and am very curious if these replies are based on science!

And if you compare galveston bay system with any other bay system especially LLM that is apples to oranges.

Kinda like climate change I guess...........

---------

We have not fished lately but will report soon.

Comment

I braved the cold Saturday morning right after the rain moved out. Will get better pictures from the video footage later. I was on the water for just under two hours and that was enough for me. The original plan was to get a limit of reds then head out for specs but by the time I had my three I couldn’t feel my fingers or feet so I called it a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
                          I braved the cold Saturday morning right after the rain moved out. Will get better pictures from the video footage later. I was on the water for just under two hours and that was enough for me. The original plan was to get a limit of reds then head out for specs but by the time I had my three I couldn’t feel my fingers or feet so I called it a day.

Good work, it was cold! Closest I got to a boat was when I walked by one on a trailer on my way into paradise key for lunch

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post

Right on! Nice haul. I hear you on cutting the trip short. I hit east bay Thursday evening, and it was like deadliest catch crossing the bay. Planned on fishing til about 10 that night, but was back at the harbor by 7 with only 2 specs in the boat.

Comment

I’ve still got a few more deer to kill, and I’m going to let it warm up a bit before I start again. Lol

Comment

If I'm seeing it correctly looks like the upper coast 5 trout limit passed. Really won't affect me much as I fish Matagorda mainly, but the Galveston boys are sure in an uproar about it.

I hope it does pass. Id like to think it would scatter the fishermen out better. Could make for some REALLY quick limits in the surf

Comment

Working...
                                X