Red dot recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red dot recommendations

I just picked up a new 6.5 Grendel and I'm considering some sort of red dot or holographic sight. Any recommendations on a good sight less than 400 and probably closer to the 200 range? Not sure I'll even like one, but figured I'd give it a shot. TIA
    Last edited by freestylest22; 11-07-2019, 08:42 PM.

Sig sauer Romeo 5 is a good one . I have one on my Ar pistol and it’s been great .

Comment

Have you used one before? Do you have any astigmatism in your eyes (that you know of?).
      Some good sales on the Vortex stuff. I have the Sparc II and the Spitfire (prismatic). I have astigmatism so the Sparc isn’t a super fine crisp dot for me like it is other people. That’s why I have the Spitfire. It’s a prismatic sight. I much prefer it.

Comment

I had a bushnell, great red dot and around 100 I think... I’ll see if I can find the model I had. Primary arms red dots are good too

Found it.

58 on Amazon

Comment

What are you using it for? I had one, a really good one for a while but then decided i wanted magnification instead, at our ranch it's pretty expansive and having 4x or more goes a long ways for hunting where we do

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I would look at a 1-4/6/8 of some variety

Comment

Primary arms makes a great dot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Aimpoint

Comment

The Romeo 5 has a great co wittness and i think the newer ones have the feature of shake to turn on.
                  One thing to consider is the size of the dot.
                  A 4 moa dot might cover the whole deer when aiming.
                  The smaller the moa, the smaller the dot.

Comment

I won't use it for deer hunting, it'll be a pig, coyote and paper punching toy.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
                      The Romeo 5 has a great co wittness and i think the newer ones have the feature of shake to turn on.
                      One thing to consider is the size of the dot.
                      A 4 moa dot might cover the whole deer when aiming.
                      The smaller the moa, the smaller the dot.
                      Thanks, I was looking at the Sig stuff. Just not real sure I'll like the whole red dot thing.

Comment

I have the Holosun red dot and it is awesome. My buddy has one and it has been used and abused and has never had any malfunctions
                        You can find it on Amazon

Comment

I’d try and find a good deal on a Trijicon MRO for that price range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Grulla View Post
                            Sig sauer Romeo 5 is a good one . I have one on my Ar pistol and it’s been great .
                            yep.

And Ive been able to shoot 2 squirrels with mine to about 40 yards. It lives on my suppressed 7.5" AR

Comment

i run a truglo tru tec and love it so far

Comment

Working...
                              X