No announcement yet.

First elk hunt argument

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went on an OTC public land hunt in Washington. Spent 10 days walking all over the Boise Cascades. Shot an elk bull with 24" spikes with a rifle and was happy as #$%^.

That hunt kicked my butt, and the elk were under heavy pressure

Comment

Just let him tramp up and down those mountains a few days in an OTC unit and he will change his tune in a hurry.

Comment

Hunt your hunt and don’t listen to him or anyone else. It’s your hunt

I’ve got friends that’s consistently kill bulls over 280 every year. They live close to the units they hunt, and spend 21 days in sept hunting. Not counting their summer scouting. They are the 90 percent that kill the 10 %, even they would tell you to hunt your hunt.

I’m personally not an any legal bull hunter but I’ve taken a few elk. With that said if I have a newbie with me, my bow normally doesn’t come off my pack and I encourage them to try to hold out for “Any” legal bull until they are happy with thier hunt.

With that said I’ve also eaten 4 elk tags in three years and could care less, I’ve had great fun memorable hunts
        Last edited by Texans42; 02-02-2019, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Any elk is a worth taking. I've done 3 guided elk hunts and am still elkless.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBears870 View Post
            No he has not elk hunted but that’s never stopped him from having an opinion on something

I get where he’s coming from but don’t think he understands where I’m coming from

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Why even care about what he has to say then? It’s a waste of time trying to argue with him.

Comment

He's an idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed323 View Post
                Why even care about what he has to say then? It’s a waste of time trying to argue with him.
                Yep. He seems like the kind that has done it all and accomplished nothing at the same time.

Comment

Texas mule deer hunting has shifted in this direction also. It does take time with elk

Comment

I’m the most proud of my do it yourself OTC bull.But it feels like that was a lifetime ago

Comment

I hunt Colorado every year in an OTC unit during rifle season, and everyone in our group gets pumped up when anyone kills a legal bull.

That said, find a friend who shares your outlook and invite him, leave the other guy at home.

Comment

Originally posted by ken View Post
                        I disagree with your friend. I think the problem today is everyone thinks everyone should be a trophy hunter.

You are right. Any legal bull with an archery OTC tag in Colorado would be an accomplishment.
                        This

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                        How many DIY elk hunts has be been on? My guess is zero.

Shoot what makes you happy.

Plus, CO manages for numbers of elk, not size of elk.
                        This

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                        How many big bulls has he killed?
                        And this....

Comment

He has likely never elk hunted.

Comment

Walking up a mountain is an accomplishment

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
                              That said, find a friend who shares your outlook and invite him, leave the other guy at home.

I was feeling him out to see if he’d want to participate and quickly found the answer. Sounds like I need to hang out with this crowd more

Comment

Them regular bulls eat just as good as a trophy. Invite him along and get back to us. I think his attitude will change.

Comment

Working...
                                X