Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
    J,

Although the Cajuns lost 5 pitchers from last years team, they are loaded with left handers that have great potential; especially for the FRI and SAT rotation. It's gonna come down to executing when called on. Senior and #1 ace Gunner Leger returns after missing the 2018 season due to Tommy John surgery. Leger was Sun Belt Freshman of the Year and a Louisville Slugger and Perfect Game Freshman All-American in 2015. In 2016 Leger was 7-3 with a 2.26 ERA over 91.2 innings. In 2017 Leger was 10-2 and a semi-finalist for the prestigious Golden Spikes Award with a 1.97 ERA. Leger will get the opening day start yet will be on a 75 pitch count.

TCU transfer Dalton Horton is the #2 guy that has also logged innings at a high level. The lefty was a Freshman All-American, and his Soph year was cut short due to an injury. Horton is fully healthy now and will be a formidable second starter if he has regained the form of his freshman season.

The 3rd, 4th, and 5th pitchers are young and unproven. Offensively, the Cajuns are loaded with speed and will play small ball to execute RISP and force the defense to make plays.

One thing is for certain, Texas players and coaches will eat like kings this weekend. The Cajun Cooking Club feeds both teams after each game with a full menu of steak, grilled tuna, fresh sausage, chicken, pork chops, etc...

Tigue Moore Field/Russo Park was remodeled in 2017 as the new stadium seats 6,000. I expect full capacity crowds of crazy, boudin eating, beer drinking Cajun fans who the visitors will not be able to comprehend when conversing with Boudreaux and Thibodeaux.

I'm sure TBH'er Chase Lambin, who played for both schools wishes he were in attendance cheering for the home team
    I played in that stadium over 20yrs ago. Great time down there. Got dog cussed the whole game by the fellas in the box seats down the first base line. Ate like kings after the games.

Comment

Baseball gods definitely did not smile on the Red Raiders today. Lots of sharply hit balls found duck gloves today. Glad we get to play again tomorrow.

Comment

Longhorn game on ESPN+.... 7 day free trial, $4.99 a month after that. Cancel anytime. I'm in my 7 day free trial watching game 1 on my 24" monitor..

Comment

Welcome back, old friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Foster with the first HR of the season in College Station!

Comment

He cranked that..

Comment

I dig the way Elder starts so many hitters 0-1.

Comment

Happy happy happy

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                    Happy happy happy

That is a squared away scene, right there! I digs it.

Comment

Gracias Dale.

Dang ..wingate missed the bag...

Comment

If they are gonna use replay in college ball they need to move the replay screens to the field... umps havin to go to what appears to be a maintenance room deep in the under belly of the stands to do the review is a little ridiculous..

Comment

Dox 10 k's through 6.

Comment

Weird game in Lafayette so far, both starters have looked really good. Can't tell if the are, ore the bats are just making them look so.

Comment

4-0 shutout.. Dox got 12 K's ..ags get 16 for the night..
                              Heading to game tomorrow..
                              So glad baseball is back.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                                Happy happy happy

I can see you don’t coach or you’d have crap everywhere, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X