No announcement yet.

Help me pick out a new bow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m in a similar situation as the OP. Been shooting a PSE Stinger for several years and now ready for an upgrade. Buddy at work has a Mathews Z7 extreme fully loaded for sale for a very reasonable price. I know it has very little shooting time on it. Would anyone turn away from this deal and why?

Comment

Originally posted by cstapp99 View Post
      I’m in a similar situation as the OP. Been shooting a PSE Stinger for several years and now ready for an upgrade. Buddy at work has a Mathews Z7 extreme fully loaded for sale for a very reasonable price. I know it has very little shooting time on it. Would anyone turn away from this deal and why?
      Depends on the price. I have an extreme and it is a great bow. Shoot it and see what you think. Short ATA but fast enough and dead in the hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Jcjohnson View Post
        I would go play with a few of them before you make a choice at a local pro shop. A lot of great bows on the market. Mr fishndude here on TBH I believe could help you out think we he works at a pro shop around Dallas if your close

I have to laugh at guys saying one new bow is so much better than the other new bow .

I went to buy a new mathews or bow tech had a hoyt . Shot all the bows walked out with a new Carbon Hoyt . It was not brand it was what felt good for me and at my draw ( I took one of my arrows ) the Hoyt was faster than the others to boot . IBO vs your draw not the same thing .

Fishndude was helping me on the last set up for Elk and the silly bow was still sling arrows right at 290 with a heavy rig on my short 28 inch draw .

That bow is now almost 4 years old will look again this year no brand in mind will shoot the new ones and see what I buy.

But being that hoyt is the only one that will dry fire their bow . This is just crazy ,

The cringe-worthy behind-the-scenes look at the 1,500 dry-fire riser test that everyone is talking about. See how Hoyt's rigorous engineering standards stand...
        Last edited by HDWRENCH; 12-14-2018, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kdunn View Post
          Nothing to report yet. I’m going to wait until season is over to make a purchase, but I have gone and tried out a few and Hoyt Redworx and PSE Carbon Stealth have been my favorite. I still need to get my hands on a Triax...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Don't forget, buy used and save yourself 600 smackers

Comment

Must tries IMHO: Mathews, Hoyt, Elite, Bowtech, PSE (not in any order).

Shoot a bunch. Take your time. One or two will just feel more comfortable to you.

Comment

just picked up the new Mathews Vertix and it is awesome!!!!!

Comment

Shot the BowTech RS6 yesterday. Wow. Not what I imagined it would draw like. Ultra smooth!!! And fast. Very impressed

Comment

Originally posted by Revelation View Post
                  just picked up the new Mathews Vertix and it is awesome!!!!!
                  Picked up as in bought?

Comment

Originally posted by cstapp99 View Post
                    If it fits your draw length and is a good price, plus you like it, buy it and enjoy.

Comment

Mathews

I shoot a Mathews Halon 32 and it is the most quiet bow I have ever shot.

Comment

Yea I’m currently torn between a halon 6, 32-6 and the triax!

Comment

I may end up with the 6 because it’s the best of both worlds

Comment

Elite or obsession bows. I shoot an obsession was a hoyt guy b4. Wont go back ever again

Comment

I just posted Halon in the classifieds today if you want to take a look.

Comment

Can you send me more info on your halon? Unfortunately I don’t have access to the classified yet!

512-994-8159 is my cell phone jumber

Comment

Working...
                                X