Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Polaris Ranger or Can Am Defender or Kawasaki pro fxt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the pro fxt. It’s great for working around the house and cruising around. Great for hunting. Very reliable. I did want more speed, ground clearance, and bolstered seats when we went to Arkansas to trail ride. I’d go can am if you plan to do more aggressive off roading.

Comment

Those 3 machines are all very good, I have the Mule, I have two other buddies that have the other two, think you will be happy with any of them.

Comment

Can only speak on Rangers. My 2017 sideby side was junk. Started with a warped head.

Comment

Originally posted by WyoBull View Post
          I just picked up my new CanAm Defender Max Limited this past weekend after a 5 1/2 month wait since ordering it.
          I have had great luck with CanAm machines in the past so my decision was easy. I can tell you there is a lot more room in the Defender compared to the Ranger.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
          Would have traded my left nut for that machine or just the doors chasing mule deer in mid November up there this yr. Congrats on a fine looking machine.

Comment

Honda for reliability. Being able to treat it more like an off road machine.

Can-Am for comfort and smooth ride. Stay mainly on roads. It's more like a car.

Polaris if you like regrets.

Kaw Fxt - I have no experience with these.

Comment

Originally posted by SaintBlaise View Post
              Can you discuss your tie down system? And do you need that track the length of the trailer or can you just use 3’ strips?
              Would also like to know.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                THAT....is bad ***! Wicked machine, love the coyote tan!
                Thanks Dale. I love the new color this year as well. I also really like that they went with 30 inch tires and 2 inch forward a-arms for 2023 as standard.

Comment

Originally posted by SaintBlaise View Post
                  Can you discuss your tie down system? And do you need that track the length of the trailer or can you just use 3’ strips?
                  I bought everything for my tie down system from etrailer.com. since my trailer is 16 feet, I bought 4 pieces of etrack, each 8 feet in length and ran them the entire length of the trailer. Did I need to have it all the way down the trailer? No, but I can use the etrack to strap down anything else on the trailer, like a cooler for example. I also think the longer length adds some strength as well. I did drill through each frame cross member all the way down the trailer and then used 8 backing plates, 4 per side in other sections of the etrack.
                  For the tie downs, I bought two wheel chocks that connect right into the etrack and then I strap each tire with a 12 foot long, 3 inch strap. The machine does not even move when all 4 tires are strapped down and doing it this way allows the suspension to move with the bumps going down the road.

On another note. I also bought the windshield cover from Profab Outdoors and it is a really nice padded cover that has two straps that connect on the inside of the windshield. It protects the windshield from rock chips going down the road. The replacement cost for a windshield is pushing $1000 dollars so the cover is cheap insurance.

Comment

Originally posted by Mossback View Post
                    Would have traded my left nut for that machine or just the doors chasing mule deer in mid November up there this yr. Congrats on a fine looking machine.
                    Thanks a lot! Yes, the heater works great and the A/C is really nice during the summer months.

Comment

I do think the can-ams are built a little stouter. Saying that we have 2 Ranger 1000 Xp's. The 2018 goes out of state Elk and mule deer hunting with us every yr all over the Rockies and gets abused. Legit has been through 100x what any Texas deer lease can throw at it yearly with ZERO issues and never been in the shop except for maintenance. The 2019 is at our deer lease and sits outside all season, once again has had zero issues. I would go with what I can get the best deal on with the cost these days.

Comment

I'm glad someone finally started a thread about this.

I have a Mule Pro FXT that is awesome. Smooth ride and fairly quiet for a SxS.

Comment

That has to be one of the nicest rigs I've seen. I currently have an XP 900 with no complaints. If you don't mind me asking what was the price out the door for that rig?

Comment

Never mind just looked on up, 32,000 ouch.

Comment

Originally posted by Jkbow View Post
                              Lol yep. Took one look at that thing and figured it was pushing close to 30. Sweet machine for sure!

Fxt or can am. I've had both and either one is a great machine to be honest. I put my fxt through hell and it never gave me a single problem . Overall I'd say the fxt was smoother riding over rough terrain but lacks the power the can am has. That being said I have moved my 21 ft bass boat with it along with loaded down trailers at the lease. Have a can am now pushing 100 hours or so and it's been great so far. We will see how it holds up compared to the fxt

Comment

Originally posted by Jkbow View Post
                                I bet closer to 40K on that one.

Both mine and my dads 2022 northstar big game editions where 34K

Sharp machine Wyobull i like that windshield cover. I dont haul either of ours much but thats a no brainer as those windshields are easy to crack being hauled.
                                Last edited by dclifton; 01-25-2023, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X