Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little bit of Sprite Zero.

Comment

Y’all can have all of that faincy stuff, I’ll take my Wellers with a little ice and touch of water. If I can’t find Wellers ( it’s hard to find for a reason) I’ll reach in the cabinet and grab the Makers and add a little ice and a touch of water! I was gifted a bottle of 4 roses and I wouldn’t even give that stuff to Trophy 8 to drank- it’s nasty. Definitely No Canadian whisky like stuff for this fat boy.

Comment

Mix it in your belly.
        Straight up, maybe ice, sometimes hot chocolate.
        An Old Fashion is a fine drink
        Last edited by lovemylegacy; 01-25-2023, 07:37 AM.

Comment

Jim beam and my gut usually mix pretty well

Comment

Originally posted by Nate Riley View Post
            That is a King Ranch thing (based on the book). Milk, bourbon and honey I believe.

If you have ever had Rodeo Punch at one of the Committeeman only clubs at HLSR, you would consider the merits of milk in a mixed drink. For the record, I don't know exactly what it is but its good (better than a white russian or anything like that).
            The legendary operation partnered with Old Forester in Kentucky to create a Texas-exclusive whiskey that benefits cattle and quail alike.

Comment

Originally posted by mmoses View Post
              Ice.

Agreed!

Comment

splash a water, few pieces of frozen water, and a nice glass is all you need for some good bourbon.

I do like a nice old fashioned or manhattan on the rocks from time to time though.

Comment

Agree with the ice

Comment

good bourbon & a glass usually but sometimes I splurge with and add a frozen stainless steel ball

Comment

A inexpensive bourbon or scotch severely cut with Topo Chico is a pretty refreshing drink. If drinking decent or better spirits, I am usually in the 1 very small ice cube or neat camp. I do sometimes like whiskey cocktails also like Old Fashioneds and Manhattans.

For the Old Fashioned fans on here, try using a lemon peel instead of the orange peel. It is a game changer.

Comment

Originally posted by COPPERHEAD View Post
                        Doc said my blood pressure was not good. Asked if I drank. Told him yes. He asked what and how much. Told him you you really want to know? Told him 15-18 beers a night and that was during the week for the last 25 years. The look on his face was pretty messed up. He told me I needed to change my ways. He recommended bourbon mixed. I bought 4 half gallons of Tin Cup. Been mixing it with a little 7up but not worth a **** in my opinion.
                        Tin Cup is garbage. I assume you're not drinking one or two coming from 15-18 beers a night. If you're drinking a bunch of diet soda then you're pumping tons of aspartame in your body. Use regular soda and you're getting a ton of sugar. Drop the soda all together and mix with water if you need a mixer. But in reality if you're drinking a boat load day in day out cutting down on the booze will do you a ton more good than changing what you're mixing it with

Comment

My vote is water. Some frozen, a splash not. [emoji41]

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
                            Tin Cup is garbage. I assume you're not drinking one or two coming from 15-18 beers a night. If you're drinking a bunch of diet soda then you're pumping tons of aspartame in your body. Use regular soda and you're getting a ton of sugar. Drop the soda all together and mix with water if you need a mixer. But in reality if you're drinking a boat load day in day out cutting down on the booze will do you a ton more good than changing what you're mixing it with
                            I second this. I have found that drinking it neat makes me sip on it more. This allows me to 1. enjoy the drink more and 2. make each drink last significantly longer

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                              I'm not sure I like the tone with which you typed "Evan Williams", sir...
                              Ditto

Comment

Mix with Topo Chico and ice

Comment

Working...
                                X