Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No one can screw your stuff up like a brother-in-law…..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by steve morton View Post
    Replace the axle and do away with the brakes

Can just change the hubs and do that .

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
      Good news is if he was able to pull it with brakes engaged but no tires skidding the brakes needed replacing any way!

All depends on how he had his gains set ?

Comment

Hope you're up to date on your tetanus shot. Brakes seem to be the least of your worries.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Comment

My father in-law loves letting me borrow his tools/stuff. He’s gotten a new and improved pressure washer and stud finder out of it in the past. Haha

Comment

That’s on you…

Comment

Originally posted by Txhunter3000 View Post
              Probably not.
              Right!….

Comment

No one can screw your stuff up like a brother-in-law…..

If you haven’t had a trailer brake fail, you haven’t had many trailer brakes.

And haven’t you totaled like 3 vehicles in the last several years?lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Last edited by Dale Moser; 11-16-2022, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Man I feel this! I borrowed my father in law's trailer and was pulling it to Kemah and back. Got it my house to drop it and the hitch was broke. It would not release the ball. I had to pull the pin on my draw bar and ball to drop the trailer.

I took it to the welding shop and paid to have the cheap crappy hitch replaced with a high capacity bulldog.

I painted black with Rust-Oleum and then noticed it looked bad because the rest of the old trailer didn't match. Started to paint the rest of the trailer. Wife told him what I was doing and he told me to leave it alone that he didn't care what it looked like and appreciated the upgraded hitch.

He proceeded to tell me the hit h had had the issue for years and it you slapped it just right with a 3lb hammer it would release.

Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jon B View Post
                    Man I feel this! I borrowed my father in law's trailer and was pulling it to Kemah and back. Got it my house to drop it and the hitch was broke. It would not release the ball. I had to pull the pin on my draw bar and ball to drop the trailer.

I took it to the welding shop and paid to have the cheap crappy hitch replaced with a high capacity bulldog.

I painted black with Rust-Oleum and then noticed it looked bad because the rest of the old trailer didn't match. Started to paint the rest of the trailer. Wife told him what I was doing and he told me to leave it alone that he didn't care what it looked like and appreciated the upgraded hitch.

He proceeded to tell me the hit h had had the issue for years and it you slapped it just right with a 3lb hammer it would release.

Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using Tapatalk

Yeah, that’s the problem with borrowing/loaning ragged stuff, it’s always about to break. Been on both ends of it, and it sucks. I don’t borrow ragged ****, and try not to loan it.

Comment

Stop lending out doomed equipment…shame on you lol

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
                        Just wait until you have son-in-laws!

No kidding
                        No idea if my hammer drill even works, because it must be with ladders he borrowed.
                        He’s on here from time to time, maybe he will see this.

Comment

What in tranation is the trailer material? Pitted metal?

Comment

Wasn’t there a thread a year or so ago that was almost exactly the same?

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell8 View Post
                              What in tranation is the trailer material? Pitted metal?

I bet it was brand new when the danged bil got it!

Comment

I don’t loan ANYTHING to my BIL because I will NEVER see it again. He is known to sell stuff that he borrows. ANYTHING that comes up missing from my mother-in-law’s house is guaranteed to be taken by him. When my father-in-law passed, my BIL left the funeral early to go take his dad’s stuff before my wife or MIL had a say. Needless to say, I don’t get along with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X