No announcement yet.

Official 2023 Houston Astros season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Billy’s son is an infielder. And he’s legit too.

Comment

First win of the season 4-2! Wagner had a couple good plays at 3rd, and a couple good hits.

Comment

Any opinions on the hitter/pitch clock?

Today’s game was played in 2 hr 6 min. I’m not a fan. Everything seems very rushed. I like the concept but I think they need to lengthen the time a bit and or provide a few timeouts for both the pitchers and hitters to collect their thoughts in critical moments. The nuances in baseball are what makes it appealing. It’s a thinking man’s game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Tagged!!!

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
            Big ******* McCullers is hurt, hopefully not too bad. Hunter Brown should start the season in the rotation. FYI, next 3 games will be on tv
            Lance McBubble-Wrap.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
              Any opinions on the hitter/pitch clock?

Today’s game was played in 2 hr 6 min. I’m not a fan. Everything seems very rushed. I like the concept but I think they need to lengthen the time a bit and or provide a few timeouts for both the pitchers and hitters to collect their thoughts in critical moments. The nuances in baseball are what makes it appealing. It’s a thinking man’s game.

I think it should be a little longer also. Everything does seem rushed. 2 hr 6 min yesterday, first game 2 hr 33 minutes. Whitley gets the start on tv today. Should be interesting

Comment

Going to spring training in a few weeks. Any tips/advice? Planning to see 2 games.

Comment

We are set on GEAUX!!! We have not missed a home playoff game or world series game in the last 2 years. Looking forward to quite a few of the regular season homestands in 2023 also. Got a suite locked in for a game also.

Comment

Originally posted by Kdog View Post
                    Going to spring training in a few weeks. Any tips/advice? Planning to see 2 games.
                    Spring break I assume Kevin?

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                      We are set on GEAUX!!! We have not missed a home playoff game or world series game in the last 2 years. Looking forward to quite a few of the regular season homestands in 2023 also. Got a suite locked in for a game also.

That’s pretty dang impressive. I’m happy if I can make one WS game!

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
                        Spring break I assume Kevin?
                        It's Joseph's birthday present, also going to visit some family while we are there. He's home schooled so we work off of the "live our best" life calendar, .

Comment

Stone Cold Stros podcast with Pallilo is a great listen.

Comment

Originally posted by MassMan View Post
                            Stone Cold Stros podcast with Pallilo is a great listen.
                            Agreed. Stros will be on tv today at 5 playing Altuve and team Venezuela

Comment

Yuli traded to the Marlins

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
                                Yuli traded to the Marlins

He’s gone, but wasn’t “traded”.

Comment

Working...
                                X