Views:	1
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	24705480

I found a few

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
      [ATTACH]1118506[/ATTACH]

I found a few
      Looks like my collection. You will always need that 10mm for something.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
          Need one just to change the batteries out on a 2017 F350.

I have a great socket set that my dad bought me when I left for college. Set has 1/2", 3/8" and 1/4" drive ratchets. Has 6pt and 12pt sockets. Has regular sockets and deep sockets. Has standard and metric in 6pt and 12pt in regular and deep. A FULL SET. 31 years I've had that set of Craftsman sockets and the ONLY things missing out of it are every single 10mm in the set. I had to borrow one from my neighbor just to change my batteries out.
          Back in the days when Craftsman made quality tools. I bought a really nice 3/4 inch drive socket set for a very reasonable price in 94’ I have used that set so many times and they still look brand new.

Comment

I’ve bought a 1000 and lost everyone, 1/2, 10mm, 9/16, 13mm, 3/4 always searching for these

Comment

Bazinga!

Comment

I have a dewalt socket/driver set in my truck, and it is not missing a piece. Yes, I use it. But nobody else does. :-)

Comment

That looks like a good way to lose three 10 mm sockets and a rope.

Comment

Originally posted by Vargas 1695 View Post
                    Back in the days when Craftsman made quality tools. I bought a really nice 3/4 inch drive socket set for a very reasonable price in 94’ I have used that set so many times and they still look brand new.

Back when Craftsman sockets were good……. those were the days!!

To bring the discussion back around……. many moons ago I was swapping the cylinder head out on a 3 cylinder Geo Metro. The head bolts used a 12 point 10mm socket! I split 2 Craftsman 10mm sockets trying to torque the head bolts. Out of frustration I grabbed a 10mm socket from a cheap Wally World set, and proceeded to torque all of the head bolts!

Comment

Since my 20 year old son has started doing a lot of mechanic work, every set of wrenches, sockets and screw drivers I have are missing several of the tools. They were all complete when I was the only one using them.

Comment

Yessir. I think they disappear into the same place lost pocketknives go.

Comment

Everyone uses those **** 10mms - Auto, Diesel, Farm, and Construction. I swear all you need in sockets is a 10mm, 8mm, 7/16, 1/2, 9/16, and 3/4 for your everyday work. But those 10mms are special because they have invisibility switches.

It's part of why I'm OCD about my tools and have a zero tolerance policy of anyone getting in my tool boxes. I have a hard enough time with my ADD. I don't need someone else making things worse.

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
                            That looks like a good way to lose three 10 mm sockets and a rope.
                            I laughed so loud that I just woke the dogs up 😂

Comment

I was looking for one the other day and found 14 11mm sockets and 9 12mm's before I found my first 10mm. I felt like throwing all the ll and 12's in the trash just to make it easier to find the 10's.

Comment

Originally posted by 91cavgt View Post
                                Back when Craftsman sockets were good……. those were the days!!

To bring the discussion back around……. many moons ago I was swapping the cylinder head out on a 3 cylinder Geo Metro. The head bolts used a 12 point 10mm socket! I split 2 Craftsman 10mm sockets trying to torque the head bolts. Out of frustration I grabbed a 10mm socket from a cheap Wally World set, and proceeded to torque all of the head bolts!
                                Those head bolts used a Torx socket, not a 12 point. I hada '67 Opel Cadet that had them.

Comment

Working...
                                X