Official 2023 Houston Astros season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let’s start a little early this year, I mean we are world champions again! Pitchers and catchers report to spring training in 2 weeks. Should be another great year. Hate to see Yuli go, but excited to see Jose Abreu take his place. He should have a monster year hitting in Minute Maid. New general manager Dana Brown from Atlanta should be a great addition. Hopefully he can get some extensions done like they did in Atlanta, namely Kyle Tucker. Everyone back, only question marks are backup catcher and for sure who will man centerfield. Of course JV is gone, but we should be in great shape as long as pitching stays fairly healthy. Seattle and Texas should be improved. LFG!

Keep the updates coming!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Did Yuli sign with someone yet? Last I heard there was still a slight chance he may stay.

Comment

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
        Did Yuli sign with someone yet? Last I heard there was still a slight chance he may stay.
        Last I heard was Marlins were talking to him, but I don’t think anything is done yet. I think if they signed him it would eliminate the need for Hensley. They like Hensley and he would make the minimum salary. Yuli can play first, second, and third. Hensley also plays ss.

Comment

It’s between Twins and Stros for Yule from what I’ve read. Should be another great season.

Comment

Would love to have Yuli back, he could fill in for the others on their days off or vs lefty’s and still get lots of playing time. Maybe get 300+ AB

Comment

Love Yuli.....he brings energy and a bench presence...but listening to the new GM...they need catcher and center field help....doesnt sound good for him

he is fun to watch

Comment

agree with keeping Yuli for all those reasons

Comment

He would make a great DH as well.
                  We could have used one in the post season

Last edited by Backwoods101; 02-02-2023, 01:31 PM.

Comment

With Diaz gone who's the utility guy? Dubon? Yuli could fit there.

Comment

Backup catcher seems to be the most pressing need. Between Meyers, Chas, and Dubon, I think they can get CF covered. A true utility man would be great, hopefully Hensley can fill that role and we can send Dubon back to the minors lol. Anyway, I would not be surprised to see Framber win the Cy Young and either Yordan or Bregman to win MVP if they can stay healthy

Comment

I am in need of a new mattress and some furniture.....I am thinking I am finally gonna sign up for one of Mattress Mack promos.....

A guy at work got a $30K check and 1099 from them about a week after the Series

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
                          He would make a great DH as well.
                          We could have used one in the post season

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
                          With Diaz gone who's the utility guy? Dubon? Yuli could fit there.
                          They resigned Brantley. He and Alvarez should eat up all the left field and DH at bats. Diaz is gone so the thinking is Hensley takes that job. Abreu has Yuli’s job, so if Yuli was signed it would be at the expense of Hensley or Dubon at this point

Comment

With Verlander gone, who's the hot you guys will pray to in times of need this year?

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
                              With Verlander gone, who's the hot you guys will pray to in times of need this year?
                              Undetermined at this point, several candidates 😂

Comment

Working...
                              X