Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bows08 View Post
    Wow... ^^
    i know right... makes you wonder why entire places like this come up. they either went way up on price or everybody left b/c hunting sucked.

Comment

Seeing a lot more leases available this year, believe it's due to economy impact.

Originally posted by Barney1971 View Post
      i know right... makes you wonder why entire places like this come up. they either went way up on price or everybody left b/c hunting sucked.

Comment

Several out west in Schliecher County and a few surrounding was impacted by drought this past year. My lease definitely suffered. We didn’t take a single trophy buck off it. I imagine that has a lot to do with leases in that area becoming available.

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
          Seeing a lot more leases available this year, believe it's due to economy impact.
          usually when there is a bad economy you will just loose a couple of hunters, not an entire group throwing in the towel and abandoning a ranch. something has to go south pretty hard for that.

Comment

usually when there is a bad economy you will just loose a couple of hunters, not an entire group throwing in the towel and abandoning a ranch. something has to go south pretty hard for that.

When someone is dependent on the entire group to cover lease fee, it can make it difficult. Not everyone is able to float the cost of an entire lease until they fill the spots up, and a lot of people don’t want to hunt with strangers or mixed groups just to get the lease paid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

From FB so it will probably get hammered shortly.

Hunting Lease

· Approximately 1,400 acres

· Located on Highway 183 in Burnet County about 7 miles south of Lampasas

· $12,500 for 5 hunters (family members and other guests of the five hunters cannot hunt - ie. no hunting on tags, etc.)

· September 1 through end of regular season (usually in early January) (may visit property to work on feeders and blinds one weekend per month prior to September 1)

· Electricity hookup available - no water hookup

Please call (512) 861-5285 if interested

Comment

Well there are tons of leases way overpriced and guys are starting to see it, but then again we did it to ourselves.

Comment

Good land owners are as hard to find as a good group of hunters now days. I'm beginning to think that finding a good land owner might not be possible on the internet. Maybe for a spot or two, but not a whole pasture. Good land owners keep good groups for many years. We've been looking for a place a little closer to home that I can bring my kids and family for the last few years. We've maintained a lease on a place in Concho county sense 2001, but that is just too far for my little crew. There are some wonderful properties out there with some strange individuals leasing the property!

Comment

Originally posted by breederbuck33 View Post
                    Good land owners are as hard to find as a good group of hunters now days. I'm beginning to think that finding a good land owner might not be possible on the internet. Maybe for a spot or two, but not a whole pasture. Good land owners keep good groups for many years. We've been looking for a place a little closer to home that I can bring my kids and family for the last few years. We've maintained a lease on a place in Concho county sense 2001, but that is just too far for my little crew. There are some wonderful properties out there with some strange individuals leasing the property!
                    "good landowners keep good groups for many years" is exactly correct. if i was looking at a pasture that i found on the internet, the first question i would ask is "do you have the phone numbers of some of the guys that hunted here last year?" the answer/ reaction you get just from asking the question will tell a big part of the story.

Comment

There are plenty of good landowners it’s the piece of **** ranchers that lease the grazing rights and the hunting rights that screw things up. Going through the middle man is always difficult plus they charge enough your just paying their lease and they get it for free and micromanage the place with stupid rule. Cut the middle man out and deal directly with the landowner.

Comment

I’m looking for a mule deer lease. If anyone knows of anything available or are looking for someone to go in with on a larger lease I may be interested. I am looking for 4-5 “spots” or an entire ranch depending on size/price.

Comment

Just saw this on Facebook no affiliation

Comment

Originally posted by gtsticker View Post

Just saw this on Facebook no affiliation

Post #82

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                              Post #82
                              My friend called them yesterday as he’s looking for a lease sounded really sketchy. He also said 2 bucks were allowed per hunter but no does to keep the “population in check”. He called him an hour later again to ask again for the aerial map and said it was taken already unseen.

Comment

Lease ID: 1723
                                Date Listed: 2023-01-26
                                Owner's User ID: Beauex
                                Ranch name: MillNash Ranch
                                County: Guadalupe
                                Acres: 460
                                Hunters: 6
                                Cost: $3500 per hunter.
                                Lease Type: year-round
                                Means allowed: rifle, shotgun, handgun, black powder, archery
                                Game available: deer, turkey, feral hogs, migratory birds, small game
                                Property description: The best hunting in eastern Guadalupe county. Rolling hills and lots of timber cover.
                                Lease description: Located on eastern most end of Guadalupe County. The best hunting area in Guadalupe county. Belmont Texas and Hwy 80 access is 5 miles away. Year round lease. Lease has very good internal access. Lease has water and electricity.

….Need a login to contact landowner…

Comment

Working...
                                X