• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Artos View Post
    Where are you seeing that??
    In the link.

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
      So I can just remove the brace and I'm cool. Or can I just leave the brace and add a 16" barrel? Never been a fan of the foam sleeve.
      Looks like you need a 16" bbl if you don't want to register...might as well get a rifle stock as well.

(1) whether the weapon has a weight or length consistent with the weight or length of similarly designed rifles;

(2) whether the weapon has a length of pull, measured from the center of the trigger to the center of the shoulder stock or other rearward accessory, component or attachment (including an adjustable or telescoping attachment with the ability to lock into various positions along a buffer tube, receiver extension, or other attachment method), that is consistent with similarly designed rifles;

(3) whether the weapon is equipped with sights or a scope with eye relief that require the weapon to be fired from the shoulder in order to be used as designed;

(4) whether the surface area that allows the weapon to be fired from the shoulder is created by a buffer tube, receiver extension, or any other accessory, component, or other rearward attachment that is necessary for the cycle of operations;

Comment

Artos the last paragraph in the link above.
        “ The rule goes into effect on the date of publication in the Federal Register. The rule allows for a 120-day period for manufacturers, dealers, and individuals to register tax-free any existing NFA short-barreled rifles covered by the rule. Other options including removing the stabilizing brace to return the firearm to a pistol or surrendering covered short-barreled rifles to ATF. Nothing in this rule bans stabilizing braces or the use of stabilizing braces on pistols.”

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
          ......which makes clear that when manufacturers, dealers, and individuals use stabilizing braces to convert pistols into rifles with a barrel of less than 16 inches, commonly referred to as a short-barreled rifles, they must comply with the laws that regulate those rifles......

what if it's built from a pistol from the jump? And I thought it was always illegal to turn a rifle to a pistol?

These are my thoughts exactly.

Smh. . .

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

Just got an email that Europtics is having a big sale.

Comment

Just put a stock on it….[emoji2373]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                Every brace gun I've been around was a kit or built from scratch. Lowers are stamped multi or 223//5.56. The yellow forms could have said rifle or pistol depending on the seller. Being we don't have a state registration in Texas, an E trace is the only way to find out who has what. And that don't really make a hill of beans sense

And i understand caliber don't matter. Just conversation sake

Absolutely
                If you bought just the lower, the dealer should have put "Receiver/Frame"

Long gun and pistol is for complete guns only.

Should be interesting! Wonder what the NRA is going to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Twist View Post
                  ^^^Yep. And they were previously approved to be manufactured and sold in that configuration.

I’ve thrown that one on here a few times before and that would be one of the CMMG offerings Artos is likely mentioning.

The only changes to that “rifle” from how it was shipped would be the sling, sight and riser the sight is mounted on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

How is that stamped different than the one I built from a new lower?

Comment

Originally posted by mmoses View Post
                    If you bought just the lower, the dealer should have put "Receiver/Frame"
                    And where would the dealer have put this marking? On the paperwork that we have no requirement to keep?

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                      I can’t answer that question. What I can tell you is that firearm was built, marketed, bought and transferred exactly how it appears in that picture, sans the sling, riser and sight as I previously mentioned.

It was absolutely legal per the ATF at the time, brace included.

Comment

Originally posted by Twist View Post
                        I can’t answer that question. What I can tell you is that firearm was built, marketed, bought and transferred exactly how it appears in that picture, sans the sling, riser and sight as I previously mentioned.

It was absolutely legal per the ATF at the time, brace included.

Same for me. I may or may not have a couple of AR pistols that were sold complete at pistols. Maybe I’m missing something, but these will still be legal, correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

"Suck it". Mohandas Gandhi
                          Also, Thomas Jefferson.

Comment

Originally posted by txheartshot View Post
                            Same for me. I may or may not have a couple of AR pistols that were sold complete at pistols. Maybe I’m missing something, but these will still be legal, correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ASSUMING the ones sold as pistols are still legal how does LE distinguish them from ones built at home?

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                              Thinking about it more, there’s only one answer I can come up with.

You bought a lower and built it. The Banshee I posted above that you asked about was a complete firearm that was marketed, shipped and transferred as a pistol.

Again, this is murky as all hell on several levels because the ATF had previously stated that a brace in an AR pistol was legal and didn’t distinguish between being shipped as such or being built after the fact.

It’s definitely confusing, which probably shouldn’t come as a shock with the g00bermint being involved.

Comment

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
                                "Suck it". Mohandas Gandhi
                                Also, Thomas Jefferson.
                                I thought that was Mother Theresa that said that?

Comment

Working...
                                X