Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If no one has said Get them Closer yet then I’ll say it

Comment

Since you only asked, how many lbs, I would say minimum 45 lbs, at 15 yards. At 25 yards, I would want more like 50 lbs. But then there is the question of arrow weight. Where is he at there?

But there are so many other questions others have posted that need answers.

Did he target shoot BH's? Are his BH sharp (They won't be out of the box)?

Comment

Sounds like y’all need to video the shots and confirm shot placement. If y’all didn’t recover either of them then it’s a shot placement problem or a draw weight and broadhead problem.

I’m not going to point fingers but if he’s hunting and no one around him knows his draw weight, or his broadhead he’s shooting then it’s time to step back a second and rethink the situation. Young kids can kill deer with their bows, but it takes thinking it out for them before they get put in a hunting situation.

Comment

Try to get him closer, 25 yds is quite a distance for a Bowhunter…getting close is the name of the game.

40 lbs will kill a deer with a sharp fixed blade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by texashunter View Post
            What poundage is he shooting and what kind of broadhead?
            You really do want to get a scale and check what poundage its set at.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4dIH0Q7tI4"]HOW TO CHECK YOUR BOWS POUNDAGE AT HOME - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Checking in

Comment

Not to dog pile on you...but did you run a dog? Were the arrows still in the deer when it ran off?
                You'd be surprised. Sigle sided penentration is tough for blood trailing but it will kill.

Comment

In for an update....

Comment

20 yards is way too far.

I bet the deer moved before arrow got to them. I know this happens because I videoed my daughters first deer. 11 yard shot. Slow motion you can se arrow going right at the heart but last 1/10th of a second the doe ducked and went forward. Impossible to believe until you watch a shot with your own eyes and then watch the video. At 20 yards there's no telling how much those doe could have moved.

Comment

He must still be out looking for those deer

Comment

Originally posted by ORIONTHEHUNTER View Post
                        He must still be out looking for those deer
                        I wouldn't blame OP. Nothing worse than wounding an animal.

Comment

If at first you don’t succeed try try again!!! Just keep trying to drop one!

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                            I wouldn't blame OP. Nothing worse than wounding an animal.
                            I'm not blaming him a lot of had follow up questions and were looking for an update on info and he has been mia.

Comment

25/30 pounds is plenty. Cut on CONTACT. Arrow weight, arrow weight, arrow weight! 20 to 25 yards away is not as important as what is hitting the critter in the kill zone. Dont let him get discouraged please. Get the gear checked......draw weight, arrow weight, broadhead type/quality.

Comment

My son shoots 34 lbs and I have video of a spike dropping 8 plus inches before the arrow could make contact at 13 yards. They are fast....... aim low.

Comment

Working...
                                X