East Texas hunting 2022-‘23 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
    Had some doe activity this evening. They were skittish and never would give me the shot I wanted. When I had the big one broadside there would be another behind her. Tomorrow is another day lol
    Dude what are you waiting for? And I have a little wax for that string [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Great deer javelin

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Pretty slow for me in Tyler county this weekend with constant swirling wind.
        Cool mornings at sunrise have been nice.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Man that’s an exciting hunt & great kill Javelin

Looks like Hoggslayer is looking for back straps & they look tasty

I didn’t even get out this weekend. I’m a Slacker

Comment

I'm backstrap hunting in a pop-up. Surrounded by big bull pines in a creek bottom. Pretty hot in here but 9 cans of aiming fluid has helped.

Team Little Debbie Pro Staff

Comment

Team Little Debbie Pro Staff

Comment

Deer and the skeeters are out this evening!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Not much to get excited over yet but our cams are all where the bucks historically will be late October- thru November so things should start to change soon. Did have 3 nice Toms show up on camera a few times this month.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Turk.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	24693386

On another note, has anyone else seen the big one killed around Vidor this weekend? I saw a picture on someone elses phone but don't have one to share. 16 scorable and gross over 170

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
                    Well I got it done this morning. Sometimes a blind hog does find an acorn. I had an epic hunt this morning on one of the most beautiful opening mornings I can remember. I woke up at 3:45 am to a thermometer reading 48 degrees at camp. I had to wake up early so I could get on my stand extra early as the last few days deer had been showing up well before daylight and I didn’t want to spook them. I parked my four wheeler right at a half mile away from my stand and started walking in. About that time my cell cam alerts me that a buck is at my feeder. I try to time it so he leaves before I get there, but I also worried more would show up. I decide to sneak on in. I was in and settled at 4:55 am. I spent the next hour seeing a doe and a hog on camera in front of me, but it was so dark I saw nothing. Finally as dawn approached I had a young doe come in to my feed pen and a minute later a mature doe came from my left and walked about 3 yards in front of my stand. At 7:15 a squirrel hunter drove down the road about 800 yards away and spooked the two does. Shortly after, the woods erupted in 22 caliber shots. It sounded like WWIII. I was getting pretty low on my expectations for the day. At 7:50 a small 8pt came in directly from behind my feed pen but never went in. He kept looking to my right and behind me. After about 5 minutes 3 more small bucks come from that direction at 15 yards. One pushes the first buck off and then something big runs in wide open and chases all the bucks back down to my right. About that time this buck comes in from the left and follows the others off. Ten minutes goes by and three of the smaller bucks head back in. I can tell they are not going to my pen but back behind me to my right. I look up and this buck is behind them. I quickly range a big pine at 30 yards. I can tell he is going to walk right past it but he is facing me. Finally he starts to turn and I draw back but another buck gets in front of him. I hold for a good two minutes. Finally the other buck moves but this one is now blocked by a tree. At 8:16 he makes a step or two forward and I decided to thread the needle. I made a good hit and had complete pass through. He turned and ran 50 yards or so and stopped and stood for what seemed like forever then stumbled and fell over.

[ATTACH]1104118[/ATTACH]
                    Awesome story and a great buck...Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                      Not much to get excited over yet but our cams are all where the bucks historically will be late October- thru November so things should start to change soon. Did have 3 nice Toms show up on camera a few times this month.

[ATTACH]1104284[/ATTACH]

On another note, has anyone else seen the big one killed around Vidor this weekend? I saw a picture on someone elses phone but don't have one to share. 16 scorable and gross over 170
                      A buddy of mine sent me a couple pics and said killed in Jasper area is all he knew and was told. Dont know any info other than that. It may not even be the same deer but I bet it is. I dont know the hunter or story.

Comment

Everything that could come up… came up this past weekend. Didn’t get home till 6pm Saturday, did a saddle hunt at the dairy in intercept hogs. Sat… or hung… dangled really about 20-30 minutes and shot one at point blank range. Got cables reserved Sunday and spent yesterday double/triple checking tune. I’m dead on!

“Main Event” has not shown since I found him…. BUT a new 11 point did! I think I know who he is, just got to look at pics

Also “Big Jim” is regular and seems to be the dominant buck in videos. He’s always been 20 pounds bigger and at 7.5 he’s still pushing bucks around. Slick 8. Don’t think I could pass him if given opportunity.

Lots of bucks this year and great age structure starting to develop

Comment

Heck of a nice trophy there Javelin.

Congrats.

If work would ever let up, I might make it to the woods. Haven’t had a chance yet though.
                          Last edited by Greenheadless; 10-04-2022, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Are horses fair game? Asking for a friend.

Click image for larger version

Name:	F76C9222-18B1-42DF-9A62-D2B80A4FADD0.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	136.9 KB
ID:	24693529

Comment

My #1 came out in daylight, won’t score as high as my #2 but them old unique ones just have a place in my heart!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post

My #1 came out in daylight, won’t score as high as my #2 but them old unique ones just have a place in my heart!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                what a tank!

Comment

Working...
                                X