No announcement yet.

East Texas hunting 2022-‘23 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QB, Looks like he may be easy to follow with that torn ear. Might be neat to see what he becomes, if he doesn’t get walloped.

Comment

Ha! That deer ate peanut butter off a spoon I was holding this morning. Hence the claw hammer ranch. That's all you need to kill him.

Hes one deer out of 25 that come to the rattle of a pan of corn on a place we have in robertson County.

Wife was calling field goal by lunch

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
      Last edited by Quackerbox; 08-27-2022, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Figgered that was your lake place. Neighbors hunt though don’t they?

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
          Ahhhh........i was thinking cattle panel. Is the t post in the middle so it does not get moved all over the place?

Yes. They can move the wire cage around and get to all the cotton seed easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hix View Post
            We will see what hangs around over the next few weeks. That 10 at my house is already MIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
            The one we’re all hoping you get??

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
              The one we’re all hoping you get??

Yea.. the top pic i posted.. he’s the only one I had old enough that summered here this time.. he will return.
              If not there’s always several new ones around here.

Comment

Originally posted by bbridges View Post
                Have a couple of solid deer around this year. This one is my favorite so far.
                Mine too

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hix View Post
                  Yea.. the top pic i posted.. he’s the only one I had old enough that summered here this time.. he will return.
                  If not there’s always several new ones around here.

Oh. Maybe I’m mistaken then. I thought you’d been posting pics of a different deer on FB. THAT was the one I was talking about, but maybe that was someone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                    Figgered that was your lake place. Neighbors hunt though don’t they?
                    There is a member here that shot some deer up there a couple years ago. Pretty sure they shot all bucks including the biggest buck I've seen to date

The herd does need thinning for sure. Speeding idiots and drowning fawns isn't enough to keep them in check

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                      Oh. Maybe I’m mistaken then. I thought you’d been posting pics of a different deer on FB. THAT was the one I was talking about, but maybe that was someone else.

Oh that’s the double drop tine deer down the road at my buddies

Comment

Found a number of fresh scrapes this weekend while filling feeders and mowing. Everything was in oak flat areas.

Comment

Started 1 mock scrape 2 weeks ago. Few doe, smaller buck and pigs so far. Next 2 weeks historically are when most of my targets return

Comment

Unsurprisingly the hogs found my feeder at my new stand sight. It’s at the convergence of a select cut and 2 SMZ’s so it was only a matter of time. It looks like a bomb went off under the feeder in all that soft black dirt, but I got the fix for that. Started putting a pen up and will finish it this weekend. They gonna be ****** when they can’t get back in. LOL

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	BFB40D7A-051D-4990-8C85-12FF5EAD74D8.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	108.6 KB
ID:	24691736

Bucks starting to lose their velvet in polk county

Comment

Nice buck.

Comment

Working...
                                X