No announcement yet.

East Texas hunting 2022-‘23 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got an up and comer at the claw hammer ranch. Things get tough he might get skimmed. Click image for larger version

Name:	20220827_081253.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	226.5 KB
ID:	24691657

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

3 year old.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
        Got an up and comer at the claw hammer ranch. Things get tough he might get skimmed. [ATTACH]1100292[/ATTACH]

Das gone be a bruiser 1 day

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

There's lot's of those down 740! Haha.

Got an up and comer at the claw hammer ranch. Things get tough he might get skimmed.

Thin em out! He's got to be tender! Lol.

Comment

Ole 11 point

Comment

He identifies as an 11 ptr

Comment

Horn rubs everywhere this morning.

Comment

Got an up and comer at the claw hammer ranch. Things get tough he might get skimmed. [ATTACH]1100292[/ATTACH]

I don't know whether to shoot or kick a field goal

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                    Horn rubs everywhere this morning.
                    Looks like all my nice bachelor groups are now pencil horned teenagers. [emoji38]

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Comment

Just catching up with a very good thread!

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                      Well, I may possibly have a tough decision to make come August or so. I have two small places (40 and 45 acres) in two different counties in East Texas that I dont hunt currently. I really like the lease i have in the hill country of 640 acres, which is basically only me. I have an opportunity to add 125 acres with a cabin to my 40 acre place in Smith County, but not sure if the deal will be done by August timeframe. August gives me enough time to get everything moved from the hill country to Smith County and get everything set up properly. Plenty of game there but just never had many options on 40 acres. It will be a tough decision to move on but doubt I could get around to both very often. I definitely will miss the exotics and the lack of worries about folks messing with stuff.......but I do like the pineywoods. Definitely a curve ball, but a good one I think I can hit!!!
                      Update: Looks like title company is getting close to wrapping up the deal. I have decided to keep my hill country place as waaaaay too much to deaux (and move) everything to Starville. Knowing my wife she will probably want to redo the cabin as soon as the papers are signed so no need for me to mess up my chances of hunting.....lol.

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post

They are still crushing the cotton seed as fast as we can keep it out. Questions on closest ton sacks of cotton seed to Huntsville, TX for next year really? We have been buying it at Tractor Supply or our local feed store

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Nice! I may need to build a few of those racks for the cottonseed. I put out the bags on the ground in the hill country and they tore it up per the landowner. Thanks for posting that as I had not seen that........did you buy or build that for the cottonseed?
                      Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                      He identifies as an 11 ptr
                      Definitely a perfect candidate for a kid or new bowhunter!!!

Comment

Man, I don't know. I think it would be cool to see what one more year does to him.

Symmetrical at least.

J

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                          Just catching up with a very good thread!

Update: Looks like title company is getting close to wrapping up the deal. I have decided to keep my hill country place as waaaaay too much to deaux (and move) everything to Starville. Knowing my wife she will probably want to redo the cabin as soon as the papers are signed so no need for me to mess up my chances of hunting.....lol.

Nice! I may need to build a few of those racks for the cottonseed. I put out the bags on the ground in the hill country and they tore it up per the landowner. Thanks for posting that as I had not seen that........did you buy or build that for the cottonseed?

Definitely a perfect candidate for a kid or new bowhunter!!!

Super easy. Just a t post driven in the middle and 4” wire mesh in about a 2’ circumference

Comment

That deer deserves a name. Goal post, Handle Bar, Joy Sticks?

Comment

Have a couple of solid deer around this year. This one is my favorite so far.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
                                Super easy. Just a t post driven in the middle and 4” wire mesh in about a 2’ circumference

Ahhhh........i was thinking cattle panel. Is the t post in the middle so it does not get moved all over the place?

Comment

Working...
                                X