Permaset bow blind build along

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post
    It's here, and raining heavy, but it's gonna have to last a while to get any significant runoff. Looks like it might.

Rick
    Find out how water tight that new blind is for sure!

Sent from my moto g play (2021) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
      Find out how water tight that new blind is for sure!

Blind is water tight, light tight, and almost air tight.

We only got 1/2" rain here at the house. Judging by what I was watching on the radar, I doubt the farm, or your place got much more than that if any.

Rick

Comment

Impressive build, I too built an octagon blind and enjoy hunting out of it.

Rwc

Comment

Got it set.

I might do some brush in later on, but I don't really think I need it.

Rick
          Attached Files

Comment

Nah. In a few days it's just part of the brush. Looks good Rick.[emoji106]

Comment

That woulda looked good if you hadn’t used that “sorry wood! ���� Hey, a hundred bucks is a hundred bucks! It came out great!

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
                That woulda looked good if you hadn’t used that “sorry wood! ���� Hey, a hundred bucks is a hundred bucks! It came out great!

Thanks.

I was serious too. The wood I used was crappy as could be, and not a straight board in the whole lot.

It was a rough 20 mile trailer ride to where I put it, and my son don't know "slow". Not a bulge, crack, or popped screw all the way, so I guess that sorry wood is gonna hold up ok.

Rick

Comment

Got the feeder set today.

I'm going to go do some final shot window clearing, and curtain work.

Will take more pictures at that time.

Rick

Comment

Looks ready for some pig sticking!

Comment

I'm pretty sure he needs a camera person . . .

Comment

The deer, and pigs are already sucking up the corn at the feeder. I ran it a lot yesterday when I set it, and then it ran again at 7 this morning.

When I got over there earlier today to do my last minute fixing there wasn't one kernel of corn on the ground. I'd say they aren't paying any attention to the blind. :-)

Rick

Comment

Got my roof coated with white flex seal. Makes it stronger, AND makes it a lot cooler inside the blind.

Rick

Comment

These first three widows open up to the north X west, west, and south x west. They are my primaries.

The feeder is only 12 yards from the blind, but it throws directional, parallel to these windows, and up a 3 trail spearhead game trail.

The blinds/curtains work fantastically, and have draw strings to hold them open just enough to shoot out.

Rick
                            Attached Files

Comment

These next three windows open up to the north X east, east, and south x east.

They are my secondaries looking out into the cultivation which is opposite of the blind from the feeder.

Rick
                              Attached Files

Comment

A cheap $30 black office chair rolls around in the blind easily, and very quietly.

Rick
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X