Vacuum sealing fish?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
    What does the addition of milk do for the fish?
    No idea. An “old wife” taught me to top off the water with a little milk when I was a teenager. Been doing it that way ever since. Always tastes fresh

Comment

A chamber sealer is well worth the $$$. Just put the wet fillets in the bag, seal it up, and they stack nice in the freezer. Fish is good for years. Can also vac seal chili, stew, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
        Old wives tales before the invention of vacuum sealers. Just like freezing them in water.

The fish doesn’t need any moisture on it in a vacuum sealed bag. They also thaw much faster when sealed as dry as possible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
        ^^^^^^^I've keep fish frozen up to three years speckled trout and reds. Not a bit of freezer burnt.
        Last edited by Hoytbowhunter; 05-23-2022, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Saltwater fish stay far away from fresh water. I will clean, pat dry, vacuum seal.

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
            No idea. An “old wife” taught me to top off the water with a little milk when I was a teenager. Been doing it that way ever since. Always tastes fresh
            Ur wasting milk

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I run them in chamber sealer and works well. Used to vac seal and have to get water out or partially freeze to not get liquid everywhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
                Ur wasting milk

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
                I’ll get over it

Comment

Working...
                X