Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
    Good push Mr100.

Im in the same situation and was thinking along your lines MrSlick. On my trailer, BigTex welded angle iron at the front and rear of the trailer on top of the decking. I cant quite wrap my mind on how to work new wood in under the iron without cutting and welding.

If I could find the video it would trip you out. I saw where they stuck one end of the new wood in front of trailer then stuck a cut small block under center of board and had a second guy hold the end down then a third guy knocked the block out with hammer and the board fit perfect. Hard to explain but looked super easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If you use the composite, go no less than 12" centers for support. It does not carry weight very well and it will get hotter than Hades in direct sun!

Comment

I have milled telephone pole 2x6 on my 16’ and they will last forever. Been on there at least 10 years with zero issues or signs of deterioration.

Comment

Well guys, I sent an email through Rumber's web site asking how I can purchase it locally in Houston... They responded within an hour! Their corporate HQ is here in Houston. They have local stock. I gave the guy the size of my trailer, he sent me a quote back within 10 minutes... I am going to measure my trailer specifically tonight and go pick up the materials tomorrow!! Hard to beat that! Kind'a pricey, but it has a 20 year warranty... (about $1200) 72" by 12 foot trailer.
          I'll do a thread on it after I'm done. Not sure how my cross members are structured on my trailer. I may have to add some. If so, that'll add a bit of cost, but probably have the materials to do that in my barn...

Stand by for more...

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
            Cut the boards to length. Then bend in the middle to slip them in.
            Got it. Thanks.
            My trailer is a 5x8. I better get wet wood.

Comment

If you weld use 1.5 x 4in or 6in purlin.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Comment

Got it. Thanks.
                that's going to make it tough. Fid the wettest boards from the middle of the stack and do it immediately before they dry down.

When we last did our 18' trailer, we just angled them in until the last few boards. Then we just slung a flat strap (used a 1" ratchet strap) under the middle, stabbed it under the front and my BIL stood on the back while I lifted up to bend the middle. Went pretty easy.

Comment

Got it. Thanks.

Save your self some grief and just cut off the stap holding down the deck board. You can bolt it back on if you don't weld.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                    Well guys, I sent an email through Rumber's web site asking how I can purchase it locally in Houston... They responded within an hour! Their corporate HQ is here in Houston. They have local stock. I gave the guy the size of my trailer, he sent me a quote back within 10 minutes... I am going to measure my trailer specifically tonight and go pick up the materials tomorrow!! Hard to beat that! Kind'a pricey, but it has a 20 year warranty... (about $1200) 72" by 12 foot trailer.
                    I'll do a thread on it after I'm done. Not sure how my cross members are structured on my trailer. I may have to add some. If so, that'll add a bit of cost, but probably have the materials to do that in my barn...

Stand by for more...
                    In, I want to see how this works out.

Comment

Originally posted by Twist View Post
                      In, I want to see how this works out.
                      Agreed. I'm a buy once, cry once kind of guy and that stuff sure looks like a pretty good choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post

Stand by for more...
                        I believe they started in Muenster, at least they had a manufact. facility there at one time. I always heard good things but that it was not cheap. They have been around for years.

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
                          I believe they started in Muenster, at least they had a manufact. facility there at one time. I always heard good things but that it was not cheap. They have been around for years.
                          Yep, still manufacture there. They just have inventory in Houston... that and their "corporate" HQ...

Comment

New decking for utility trailer??

I replaced the deck on my trailer with aluminum bleacher planks. I should never have to replace that deck ever again. They are hard to find used. I found them at a junk yard in Sinton on Craigslist. It has worked out awesomely!!!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                            Last edited by Bisch; 05-23-2022, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                              I replaced the deck on my trailer with aluminum bleacher planks. I should never have to replace that deck ever again. They are hard to find used. I found them at a junk yard in Sinton on Craigslist. It has
                              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Oh heck yea, that would be perfect.

Comment

Many livestock trailers come with this “Rumber” or similar type material already installed now a days. I don’t personally have one but I do have a 16’ trailer I am needing to re do and will be in for the follow on how it works.

Comment

Working...
                                X